The Student Room Group

I feel like I'm going to fail GCSE and proms coming up...

I've been feeling really down about everything lately and the fact that exams are coming up makes me want to cry because I know I'm going to fail and everytime I even try to revise I keep on thinking its too late cos theres soo much work I cant get my head round.

Also, proms coming up and I dont have any friends at my current new school so I don't know if I should go but I've also wanted to go....any advice please?
Original post by Anonymous
I've been feeling really down about everything lately and the fact that exams are coming up makes me want to cry because I know I'm going to fail and everytime I even try to revise I keep on thinking its too late cos theres soo much work I cant get my head round.

Also, proms coming up and I dont have any friends at my current new school so I don't know if I should go but I've also wanted to go....any advice please?

If you are struggling with the content, I would recommend asking your subject teacher for more help. Knowledge lays the foundation for you to do well in your exams. If you are lacking knowledge, you won't be able to answer the questions. It is also worth doing as many practice questions and papers as you can, as this can test your understanding and your exam approach. You might find it useful to do a practice paper under mock conditions (timed and in silence, no notes). This will show you how you can organise your time and make sure you answer the questions well, and then also compare your answers to the mark scheme. This will identify the areas you need to improve.

If you want to go to prom - don't let it stop you! Everyone is there to celebrate end of exams and have a good time, and you can use this as a way to let your hair down after the stress of exams and get to know your classmates.
Reply 2
Thank you so much but tbh im currently going through a lot including being constantly bullied by a popular girl in my year hence my low attendance because she wont leave me alone under any circumstance and teachers dont do anything. I really do feel like im running out of time and as for prom...do you think it'll be weird if i go alone with a bunch of people who most likely dislike me or most likely wont pay attention to me or something? I'm even a little worried she might be there as well and im pretty sure lots of people are going in big groups or have dates.
Original post by cheesecakelove
If you are struggling with the content, I would recommend asking your subject teacher for more help. Knowledge lays the foundation for you to do well in your exams. If you are lacking knowledge, you won't be able to answer the questions. It is also worth doing as many practice questions and papers as you can, as this can test your understanding and your exam approach. You might find it useful to do a practice paper under mock conditions (timed and in silence, no notes). This will show you how you can organise your time and make sure you answer the questions well, and then also compare your answers to the mark scheme. This will identify the areas you need to improve.

If you want to go to prom - don't let it stop you! Everyone is there to celebrate end of exams and have a good time, and you can use this as a way to let your hair down after the stress of exams and get to know your classmates.
Same. Position. As. You. (With the exams)

I'm making a plan right now to get my sh*t together. Hopefully you'll find consolation with the fact that you are not alone. :smile:

Good luck!
(edited 5 years ago)
me too :smile:
Original post by LegallyJasmine
Same. Position. As. You. (With the exams)

I'm making a plan right now to get my sh*t together. Hopefully you'll find consolation with the fact that you are not alone. :smile:

Good luck!
Hey, don't worry. Everything will be fine. More stress will affect your health during exams.
Reply 6
Thanks I'll try not to I'm just worried I might most likely fail and the fact that everyones excited for prom but I'm not gonna go...I just feel like crap overall
Original post by ZahabiyaK01
Hey, don't worry. Everything will be fine. More stress will affect your health during exams.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending