Can you identify this game? Watch

esralled
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
I played a video game around 2006, and the other day I wanted to see if I could download it again. I've been to the farthest corners of the internet and apparently I'm one of the few people to have ever played it, and none of us can remember the name. I'm hoping someone here can convince me that I'm not crazy.

It was a little bit like Stardew valley, where you tend and manage your own farm. You live a relatively normal life, growing crops and stuff like that. At the start of the game, you killed your wife. At any point during the game, the police could turn up and investigate your house, so you had to look after the farm and hide your wife's body, as well as any evidence. They would keep coming back and you wouldn't get any warning - they'd just show up at any time - so you had to always move it.

I remember a specific cutscene where you were fishing and you caught a piece of her clothing or something like that, evidence to pin you as the killer, and you fainted into a cutscene.

I believe I downloaded it from the developers own website.

That's pretty much all I can remember. In the past two weeks I've found two forum threads looking for the same game, and literally nothing else.
Last edited by esralled; 11 months ago
Caitx14
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Honestly thought you were on about harvest moon until you said about killing the wife thing. Hahah, I’d love to know what this game is, it sounds pretty fun
Detrixukoan58
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Do you remember anything from the dev's site??
Picnicl
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Don't waste your time on this. Whether or not it was a genuine enquiry, or whether or not esralled tried to pass off a genuine enquiry as their own, it has been searched for by other people without success. Type in videogame farmer killed wife on Google for instance and it shows there's a thread on https://www.reddit.com/r/creepygamin...me_that_keeps/

If it did exist, it must have been highly obscure, like literally a tiny handful of people ever played it.

How old would esralled have been in 2006? 4? 8?
Last edited by Picnicl; 1 month ago
Detrixukoan58
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Picnicl)
Don't waste your time on this. Whether or not it was a genuine enquiry, or whether or not esralled tried to pass off a genuine enquiry as their own, it has been searched for by other people without success. Type in videogame farmer killed wife on Google for instance and it shows there's a thread on https://www.reddit.com/r/creepygamin...me_that_keeps/

If it did exist, it must have been highly obscure, like literally a tiny handful of people ever played it.

fair enough. I do know about that post, and others too. I was just trying to see if they knew any details of the original download site. But you could be right that they have just taken it.
esralled
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Picnicl)

I was 9 in 2006, and this is a genuine game I did actually play. The reddit post made me inquire here to see if anybody knew more
Picnic1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by esralled)
I was 9 in 2006, and this is a genuine game I did actually play. The reddit post made me inquire here to see if anybody knew more
Fair enough. It sounds like an interesting game.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (471)
59.25%
Yes- I don't like it (43)
5.41%
No- I want it (228)
28.68%
No- I don't want it (53)
6.67%

Watched Threads