The Student Room Group

LADS - What does someone (with no previous knowledge need for this) btec to boss it?

I don't know sh*t about anything to do with the course so what does a beginner like me need to learn to be up to speed for this course. I'd rather not have to get there on the first day and be bombarded with all sorts of inconceivable things.

https://www.uxbridgecollege.ac.uk/courses-west-london/computing-a-information-technology/121-level-3-9/6210-btec-level-3-extended-diploma-in-information-technology.html

Be brutally honest, if it's not possible I need to know.
Original post by AspiringAccount
I don't know sh*t about anything to do with the course so what does a beginner like me need to learn to be up to speed for this course. I'd rather not have to get there on the first day and be bombarded with all sorts of inconceivable things.

https://www.uxbridgecollege.ac.uk/courses-west-london/computing-a-information-technology/121-level-3-9/6210-btec-level-3-extended-diploma-in-information-technology.html

Be brutally honest, if it's not possible I need to know.

Lads i'm aware I screwed up with the brackets please gloss over it.
thats an interesting course. i should have done something like that than get 3 pointless a levels

id just google each element and try and get the jist of what it might entail. seems entry level i.e. for someone never studied it before
Original post by brian.griffin
thats an interesting course. i should have done something like that than get 3 pointless a levels

id just google each element and try and get the jist of what it might entail. seems entry level i.e. for someone never studied it before

I see. It's just I went for an interview there and met the "professor" for lack of a better word, and he bombarded me with questions on law and programming. It was nerve-wracking. Anyway thanks for the advice i'll take it on board.
Original post by AspiringAccount
I see. It's just I went for an interview there and met the "professor" for lack of a better word, and he bombarded me with questions on law and programming. It was nerve-wracking. Anyway thanks for the advice i'll take it on board.

why not just ask them what to study beforehand?
Original post by brian.griffin
why not just ask them what to study beforehand?

I did and he told me straight up no ********. You need to know a good deal about law and programming. I just brushed it off thinking I knew what he was talking about, but as soon as I left I was internally screaming from frustration.

Quick Reply

Latest