How many quotes should I learn?

Watch this thread
flynn02
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I'm studying Macbeth, Jekyll and Hyde, and Blood Brothers (as well as power and conflcit poetry). I was planning on learning 3-5 quotes for each character on each theme e/g 3-5 Macbeth and ambition quotes, 3-5 Mickey and social class quotes etc as well as just a quote bank for each theme. Will this be enough? My biggest fear is sitting down in the exam and thinking oh **** I don't know any quotes for this!
fish finger fan
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
Learn quotes that can be used for lots of themes/ different points. To be fair though it depends on what you are aiming to get in English lit that influences how much effort to put in.
flynn02
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by fish finger fan)
Learn quotes that can be used for lots of themes/ different points. To be fair though it depends on what you are aiming to get in English lit that influences how much effort to put in.
I'm currently working at an 8, aiming for a 9. I was planning on learning 3-5 quotes for each character x theme, as well as a few key quotes and i have a quote bank for each character of just random important quotes for them - my main worry is not having enough substance to write about.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (18)
31.03%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (22)
37.93%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
3.45%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
5.17%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (4)
6.9%
I’m starting to consider my university options (7)
12.07%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (1)
1.72%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
1.72%

Watched Threads