carmel!
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hallo guys!

Really indecisive of which university to pick!
If you were me, which will you choose??

The course is BIOMEDICAL SCIENCE.
University of Portsmouth or University of Plymouth?

University of Portsmouth
1. TEF GOLD
2. accredited by RBS and IBMS

University of Plymouth
1. TEF SILVER
2. accredited by IBMS
3. provides Medical school
alleycat393
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
Which course is more interesting? RBS accreditation means nothing. IBMS accreditation is only relevant if you plan to work in the NHS. What do you need a medical school for?
(Original post by carmel!)
Hallo guys!

University of Portsmouth
1. TEF GOLD

University of Plymouth
1. TEF SILVER
2. accredited by IBMS
Beecar98
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Hallo guys!

University of Portsmouth
1. TEF GOLD

University of Plymouth
1. TEF SILVER
2. accredited by IBMS
It depends what you want to career wise really. If you’re looking to do medicine then I would suggest Plymouth.

I study Biomedical Science at Portsmouth and it’s really good. So if you have any questions about Portsmouth that might help you make your decision, I’m happy to answer
carmel!
Rep:
Hi alleycat393! Thanks for the inputs! I'm an international student from Asia..So, not really familiar with the systems in the UK. I was actually thinking to further study into Medicine after Biomedical science. It seems that Plymouth provides postgraduate and collaborate with Exeter Medical school but just for the TEF and Accreditation part which made me quite hesitated.

(Original post by alleycat393)
Which course is more interesting? RBS accreditation means nothing. IBMS accreditation is only relevant if you plan to work in the NHS. What do you need a medical school for?
carmel!
Rep:
MusicGamer Hello! Thanks a lot! Yeah..that was part of my plan about further medicine after. That's why I was kind of hessitating due to the TEF and Accreditation. If I want to further my postgraduate after Porstmouth, will it be easy? students got to apply for other postgraduate school right or are there any linkage?
(Original post by MusicGamer)
It depends what you want to career wise really. If you’re looking to do medicine then I would suggest Plymouth.

I study Biomedical Science at Portsmouth and it’s really good. So if you have any questions about Portsmouth that might help you make your decision, I’m happy to answer
alleycat393
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Hi alleycat393! Thanks for the inputs! I'm an international student from Asia..So, not really familiar with the systems in the UK. I was actually thinking to further study into Medicine after Biomedical science. It seems that Plymouth provides postgraduate and collaborate with Exeter Medical school but just for the TEF and Accreditation part which made me quite hesitated.
It won’t matter where you do your biomed sci degree if you plan to apply for grad entry med unless Portsmouth offer direct entry. If they do they’ll say on the website. Neither the TEF or the accreditation will make any difference to this.
carmel!
Rep:
Thanks a lot! It really cleared my doubts! I suppose I'll choose Plymouth for it!
Btw, are u from any of the above mentioned??

(Original post by alleycat393)
It won’t matter where you do your biomed sci degree if you plan to apply for grad entry med unless Portsmouth offer direct entry. If they do they’ll say on the website. Neither the TEF or the accreditation will make any difference to this.
alleycat393
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Thanks a lot! It really cleared my doubts! I suppose I'll choose Plymouth for it!
Btw, are u from any of the above mentioned??
Nope sorry. I finished studying a long time ago. Good luck!
Last edited by alleycat393; 3 years ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Y13s: How will you be receiving your A-level results?

In person (52)
69.33%
In the post (3)
4%
Text (10)
13.33%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (10)
13.33%

Watched Threads