Why doesn't the UN step in with the Israel Palestine conflict?? Watch

jamieleanne99
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I don't understand why the great UN can't do anything about it. I saw a video of a huge group of Israeli soldiers assaulting a random Palestinian woman who is supposedly a school girl leaving her school. It's horrific. Why can't anyone do anything. I know that the UK and USA support Israel bc they can somehow overlook murder and still have arms deals with them. However, Israel has blatantly crossed lines, broken Geneva laws yet nothing is done????

This is the video that made me so angry and upset:
https://mobile.twitter.com/kenmckelv...587206656?s=21
Andrew97
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
And what would you expect the UN to do?
themistro00
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by jamieleanne99)
I don't understand why the great UN can't do anything about it. I saw a video of a huge group of Israeli soldiers assaulting a random Palestinian woman who is supposedly a school girl leaving her school. It's horrific. Why can't anyone do anything. I know that the UK and USA support Israel bc they can somehow overlook murder and still have arms deals with them. However, Israel has blatantly crossed lines, broken Geneva laws yet nothing is done????

Because realistically, what could the UN do without the support of the USA or UK?
Qup
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yeah, why doesn't the UN focus on helping the Nigerian christians pleading for help after having 120 of their people massacred by Nigerian Muslim extremists?

Its because they don't care. Why focus on people who are not even human, when they can let them suffer and die from madness.
Molseh
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
What were they doing that attracted the attention of Soldiers in the first place? :rolleyes:
Andrew97
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Molseh)
What were they doing that attracted the attention of Soldiers in the first place? :rolleyes:
Good point. That’s the problem with twitter as a source, it’s full of out of context videos.

I say make it all British again. We will run the show..
Molseh
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Andrew97)
For sure, Make the Empire Great Again.
BlueIndigoViolet
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Andrew97)
Good point. That’s the problem with twitter as a source, it’s full of out of context videos.

lol think everyone's tired of the Jewish Muslim divide, time to take back the Holy Land for Christendom
jamieleanne99
Rep:
?
(Original post by Molseh)
What could one unarmed school girl possibly be doing to rightfully be assaulted and given a bloody nose by a bunch of "tough" "big" "heroic" Israeli soldiers?
You're definitely blind to what Israel does on a daily basis lol. They are bullies who know they can get away with anything seeing as who they're backed by. The fact that you're victim blaming says a lot about you, disgusting, imagine sympathising with a group of soldiers who just beat up a young girl lol ridiculous, you wouldn't be behaving this way if it was the other way around or if this situation occurred in the U.K. But people like you like to dehumanise Palestinians so you can still defend Israel. Disgusting
Molseh
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I enjoy your faux outrage, this video is old. Go find the full video on liveleak and the accompanying news articles then come back to me and tell me how they are innocent schoolgirls.
Jebedee
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago

Did you push for UK and US to invade Palestine when they fired rockets at Israel?

I thought Western governments getting involved in affairs i in that reason was part of the problem So do you want more or less intervention?
jamieleanne99
Rep:
?
(Original post by Jebedee)
Did you push for UK and US to invade Palestine when they fired rockets at Israel?

I thought Western governments getting involved in affairs i in that reason was part of the problem So do you want more or less intervention?
That's non comparable, are you really that dense or do I need to explain further how unfair the defence on both sides is? Self defence is not a crime

My point is that they don't stop getting involved anyway?? So why can't they see the injustice done to Palestine and intervene there?
Jebedee
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
That's non comparable, are you really that dense or do I need to explain further how unfair the defence on both sides is? Self defence is not a crime

My point is that they don't stop getting involved anyway?? So why can't they see the injustice done to Palestine and intervene there?
I don't think one unverified video is enough to justify military action on a national scale.

Perhaps the answer to your question is that they are aware not everyone agrees that Israel are the prime aggressors, despite what you may have seen from Pallywood productions.
jamieleanne99
Rep:
?
(Original post by Jebedee)
I don't think one unverified video is enough to justify military action on a national scale.

Perhaps the answer to your question is that they are aware not everyone agrees that Israel are the prime aggressors, despite what you may have seen from Pallywood productions.
My point then was nothing to do with the video? Which of course you'd describe as unverified but when pictures of women throwing tiny rocks in self defence are shown you're screaming that Israel MUST fight back with rockets, oh yes so fair and equal, of course western countries should allow this genocide to continue.

Oh please that's bs and everyone knows it, it's hardly news that Israel is the occupying power and prime aggressors, the defence of both sides cannot be compared.

I honestly feel extremely bad for you, you seem brainwashed into agreeing with this ideology
Jebedee
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
My point then was nothing to do with the video? Which of course you'd describe as unverified but when pictures of women throwing tiny rocks in self defence are shown you're screaming that Israel MUST fight back with rockets, oh yes so fair and equal, of course western countries should allow this genocide to continue.

Oh please that's bs and everyone knows it, it's hardly news that Israel is the occupying power and prime aggressors, the defence of both sides cannot be compared.

I honestly feel extremely bad for you, you seem brainwashed into agreeing with this ideology
No. The retaliation was in response to Palestine firing rockets (glass houses).

My response to you was very neutral and simply asked for more introspection towards your statements. Apparently that's an ideology according to you though.
Kinyonga
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Probably because the UN spends all its money on giving its employees posh cars, big houses, and getting their kids into the top schools.
DrMikeHuntHertz
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Israel would bomb the UN in 'self defense'?
TPsych20
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
My attendance is about 20% but my grades are usually 2:1’s and 1sts. So if tou’ve been getting bad grades they may find ways to remove you. Mine have emailed me but not threatened to remove me.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Report 4 weeks ago

Do you understand how the UN works?
The UN works with the consent of its members and the security council.
It doesnt have its own army.
By going in do you mean forcibly occupy.
What happens if Israel opposes?
Would you like armed conflict?

Most of the UN resolutions condemning Israel are supported by the UK.
Rabbit2
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Taking a somewhat larger view: WHEN have you ever seen the UN do anything useful?? Even a little bit useful?? That's what i thought. Me neither. Cheers.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (224)
39.23%
No - but I will (40)
7.01%
No - I don't want to (39)
6.83%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (268)
46.94%

Watched Threads