Why doesn't the UN step in with the Israel Palestine conflict?? Watch

999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Badges: 19
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Kinyonga)
Probably because the UN spends all its money on giving its employees posh cars, big houses, and getting their kids into the top schools.
Who do you think funds the UN?
Who contributes the troops?
Decahedron
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by jamieleanne99)
I don't understand why the great UN can't do anything about it. I saw a video of a huge group of Israeli soldiers assaulting a random Palestinian woman who is supposedly a school girl leaving her school. It's horrific. Why can't anyone do anything. I know that the UK and USA support Israel bc they can somehow overlook murder and still have arms deals with them. However, Israel has blatantly crossed lines, broken Geneva laws yet nothing is done????

This is the video that made me so angry and upset:
https://mobile.twitter.com/kenmckelv...587206656?s=21
The UN is a toothless puppy that can only bark, it is has no military forces only strong words and condemnation.

"Geneva Laws" :rofl: you mean the Geneva Convention?

What do you want to have happen? War? Israel has proven how good they are at those.
gr8wizard10
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
they probably have stepped in to provide additional weaponry to whats now referred to as israel
Haider_A
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
This is generally how a resolution works:
- An issue is voted upon at the UN Security Council, after being discussed
- Each Member State has the power to veto a resolution (i.e. disregard it)
- Any motion passed that "threatens" or condemns Israel is vetoed by the United States, as they are allies
- All it takes is one veto for a dispute to be disregarded, i.e. no action will be taken against Israel in the Israel-Palestine conflict, as the US will veto any motion against Israel
themistro00
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Qup)
Yeah, why doesn't the UN focus on helping the Nigerian christians pleading for help after having 120 of their people massacred by Nigerian Muslim extremists?

Its because they don't care. Why focus on people who are not even human, when they can let them suffer and die from madness.
I can’t belihe you’ve actually said this. Wow, another person brainwashed by Murodch and his media. Wake up, you sheep.
Qup
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by themistro00)
I can’t belihe you’ve actually said this. Wow, another person brainwashed by Murodch and his media. Wake up, you sheep.
But it is true, is it not? There is video evidence of Nigerians advocating for help from the UN.
Andrew97
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by themistro00)
Murdoch and his media? Ok then....
schoolsboring
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I don't understand why the great UN can't do anything about it. I saw a video of a huge group of Israeli soldiers assaulting a random Palestinian woman who is supposedly a school girl leaving her school. It's horrific. Why can't anyone do anything. I know that the UK and USA support Israel bc they can somehow overlook murder and still have arms deals with them. However, Israel has blatantly crossed lines, broken Geneva laws yet nothing is done????

This would be a bad idea, the UN represents all countries, which includes most Arab states which sympathise with Palestine, but also European countries which have strong ties to Israel, countries intervening. Sadly this is a situation we can try and help out by trying to get country leaders to talk but realistically, the only thing that can solve this is these two countries only, getting other countries involved would make things just extremely complicated
Reformed
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago

the UN are unlikely to react to a video posted on twitter which i beleive is about 6 years old.
equally they are unlikely to get invovled heavy handed in awhat is in effect a land dispute between historically immgrated arabs and jews (albeit an age old one). otherwise the un would be gettign involved with troops on the ground in every such dispute around the world ( and there are many , balouchistan/ pakistan, china, russia ukraine, yemen turkey el salvador , spain, northern ireland etc etc.

what makes middle east so special to you?
Last edited by Reformed; 4 weeks ago
salimyasin10
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
The real reason is because every year when they vote to take action, israel and the Us vote against it, the stupid thing is when 1 of the 5 or 6 powerful states vote against a law/reform it is automatically vetoed. I think some of the countries which can veto anything is UK, Germany and USA.
So the reason nothing is done, is because of the corruption of the UN where one state which has a lot of power, can veto the vote even if everybody else votes for it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (452)
37.95%
No - but I will (89)
7.47%
No - I don't want to (83)
6.97%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (567)
47.61%

Watched Threads