The Student Room Group
I no that my uni doesnt allow any other option. If you arnt present at the exam you get a zero. There are people on my course from Greece and Cyprus who have been told they have to travel back if they need to resit.
So im guessing it just depends on what the rules are for your uni, but i think an alternative isnt very likely at all.
Reply 2
My uni allows us to do them the year after in January and May, but you will effectively be resitting the year (and will therefore have to pay £3000, unless you do them as an external candidate and dont attend lectures, basically a year out, but you come back to do your exams) and will then do 3rd year starting '09. Your only other option is to come back in August and stay with friends.
Reply 3
At my uni it's the case that if you are permanently resident abroad you can arrange to take your exams in your home country. If you are a UK resident you cannot take your exams abroad.
We have resits in August too, when someone in a lecture asked about being on holiday at the same time as resits he said thats just when they are and can't be changed.
Reply 5
What's more important? They are not going to stage a resit just for you...
My resits are July and the dates have been set and can not be changed.

OP if you going to have to resit and you wish to carry on for your final year, then the only alternative is to compensate your holiday by a few days or something, maybe?
irisheyes
If i need to resit exams for end of year 2 at uni ( mid august) but i am out of country when they take place is there an alternative option?

Yeah failing.

Latest

Trending

Trending