Luxxlion
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi im really struggling with moving grades as my teacher keeps giving me 6s even when i use the criticism. Im always grades a mark or two away from a 7 and it’s really frustrating me, since its so close to the exams. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
jemima0103
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
i'm having the same problem, I've tried to include everything necessary but my mark never seems to improve
Nialler x
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by RChelol)
Hi im really struggling with moving grades as my teacher keeps giving me 6s even when i use the criticism. Im always grades a mark or two away from a 7 and it’s really frustrating me, since its so close to the exams. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Me too. In my mocks I got a 6 in paper 1 for Language and i was only 3 marks off from getting a 7 which is so annoying, i'm waiting for my paper 2 marks and then i'll be able to see what i get overall.
Luxxlion
Rep:
?
(Original post by #love2learn)
Me too. In my mocks I got a 6 in paper 1 for Language and i was only 3 marks off from getting a 7 which is so annoying, i'm waiting for my paper 2 marks and then i'll be able to see what i get overall.
It would be so much easier if it was just a 6 but the point that it is almost a 7 is so annoying. Like if it was a good 6 I wouldn’t mind but it being so close is so annoying and im literally loosing all motivation cz i keep doing what im told but nothing is working
Luxxlion
Rep:
?
(Original post by jemima0103)
i'm having the same problem, I've tried to include everything necessary but my mark never seems to improve
It’s just so demotivating
Nialler x
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It would be so much easier if it was just a 6 but the point that it is almost a 7 is so annoying. Like if it was a good 6 I wouldn’t mind but it being so close is so annoying and im literally loosing all motivation cz i keep doing what im told but nothing is working
I know right. For my Lit paper 1 i got between a 7 and a 8. I've lost my motivation and hope.
Luxxlion
Rep:
?
I know right. For my Lit paper 1 i got between a 7 and a 8. I've lost my motivation and hope.
But do you have any tips on getting that 7 in lit cz i my lit and language are just 6’s
Nialler x
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
But do you have any tips on getting that 7 in lit cz i my lit and language are just 6’s
Memrize key quotes for each texts, know key themes and characters, do practice questions
CoffeeAndPolitics
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi there. If you have a copy of the mark scheme which displays the marking band, read that as it tells you explicitly what you need to do to move up a mark band as it has specific requirements. In addition to this, check out Mr Bruff and Stacey Reay on YouTube if you haven't already - they're both amazing and helped me to get a 6 in English Language and a 7 in English Literature.
abigailxo
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Is this Lit or Language? I do A Level Lit so could be of use
sqrt of 5
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by abigailxo)
i would like help with both
elsaruus
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I was stuck on a 6 last year around January. However, I managed to get a 9 in my GCSE. A big part of that was the fact I watched Mr Salles on youtube.
Luxxlion
Rep:
?
(Original post by abigailxo)
Both
nintysixthousand
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
look at 'Mr Bruff' on youtube, he posts really useful videos! he got me from a C to an A in my exams
Luxxlion
Rep:
?
(Original post by elsaruus)
I was stuck on a 6 last year around January. However, I managed to get a 9 in my GCSE. A big part of that was the fact I watched Mr Salles on youtube.
How did you nail your timings for the language papers and English lit too cz i feel as if my timings also affect my marks?
Luxxlion
Rep:
?
(Original post by nintysixthousand)
look at 'Mr Bruff' on youtube, he posts really useful videos! he got me from a C to an A in my exams
When watching his videos how did you condense his content?
Luxxlion
Rep:
?
Memrize key quotes for each texts, know key themes and characters, do practice questions
Ok thank you
elsaruus
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
How did you nail your timings for the language papers and English lit too cz i feel as if my timings also affect my marks?F
I wrote an essay for English Lit every week. It sounds daunting at first, but really isn't that bad. My timing used to be AWFUl but by doing this my timing improved for both subjects.
elsaruus
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
For his analysis videos I just made mindmaps as I went along. For his ones about technique I just remembered the info.
When watching his videos how did you condense his content?
TakeMeToHogwarts
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hiya,

Here are some tips I have- I got a 9 in the mocks for both Language and Literature and here are a few things I found useful:

Firstly, make sure you know exactly what each questions asks for and how much time you should spend on each questions. I do Eduqas WJEC so it’s slightly different, but I still have a few ideas on what could help

For language, being fully aware of language and the language techniques used in the extracts is vital for the reading section. For writing, make sure you have good vocabulary that will really help your writing seem sophisticated and impressive. Also, reading a wide range of books has always helped me

For timing, look at how much marks the paper is and how many minutes you have. Don’t spend about 15 minutes on a 5 marker when there are still other questions- use your time wisely. Remember, quality over quantity.

Literature is a bit harder. You need to understand the texts well and know language techniques as well as quotations. I found that wider reading on the texts you’re studying is always useful! I’m studying The War of the Worlds, Othello, An Inspector Calls and the WJEC anthology poems.

I think it’s great that you’re trying to push your grade up! I hope this helped in some way and good luck! 🙂
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (84)
26.25%
England (108)
33.75%
Belgium (27)
8.44%
Germany (38)
11.88%
Spain (6)
1.88%