rima21
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello, i am doing my history coursework and i would really like some help as much as possible. The question of my coursework is: To what extent was religion responsible for the power of the Tudor monarchs from 1485-1603?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by rima21)
Hello, i am doing my history coursework and i would really like some help as much as possible. The question of my coursework is: To what extent was religion responsible for the power of the Tudor monarchs from 1485-1603?
So how much research have you done? That is the foundation.
How long is the essay?

Look at the title? what is it asking?
Always break it down.

To what extent = How far= value judgement
was religion responsible = What was religion in the relevant period? Pope, Cof E
for the power of the = what is power?
Tudor monarchs from 1485-1603?= Tudor monarchs = covers the entire period, so you are open to look at each monarch.

So its asking you to look at how religion played a role in the power of tudor monarchs.
Was it important, did they get a lot of power from religion? Was it from being religious, was it from the pope or did they use religion to their own advantage? How did they use religion and how did religion try to use them?

You then need to consider other areas the monarchs got power from? Politics, threats, money, loyalty/ patriotism, relations with nobles, public, reforms, war, international relations?

[ You could do it per monarch or you could just do it as a whole and stick to possible areas like the above, the structure is up to you]

You can then compare one against the other and answer the to what extent issue plus put it into context and offer your unique insight.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (58)
28.57%
No - I have already returned home (24)
11.82%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (46)
22.66%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (21)
10.34%
No - I live at home during term anyway (54)
26.6%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed