EDEXCEL ECONOMICS PAPER 3 - Time Management Help?

Watch
BD25004
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi all,

I had a mock paper 3 yesterday for the edexcel economics a level i.e. the 'Macro and Micro Economics' Paper. The actual content wasn't too hard but i was just so awful at time management it was unreal - didn't even start the 8 marker and had to rush the ending of the 25 marker. I tried something experimental by doing the 2 25 markers at the beginning and working backwards - THIS. DOES. NOT. WORK. I've never realised how much the early questions feed into the final ones and as a result i wrote a bunch of waffle based on a resource i'd only skim read the one time.

Does anybody else have any other advice on time management? I believe its a 2 hour exam comprising 2 5 markers, 2 8 markers, 2 12 markers and 2 25 markers.
CoffeeAndPolitics
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by BD25004)
Hi all,

I had a mock paper 3 yesterday for the edexcel economics a level i.e. the 'Macro and Micro Economics' Paper. The actual content wasn't too hard but i was just so awful at time management it was unreal - didn't even start the 8 marker and had to rush the ending of the 25 marker. I tried something experimental by doing the 2 25 markers at the beginning and working backwards - THIS. DOES. NOT. WORK. I've never realised how much the early questions feed into the final ones and as a result i wrote a bunch of waffle based on a resource i'd only skim read the one time.

Does anybody else have any other advice on time management? I believe its a 2 hour exam comprising 2 5 markers, 2 8 markers, 2 12 markers and 2 25 markers.
Hiya!

Paper 3 (synoptic - microeconomics and macroeconomics) isn't a nice paper when it comes to timing and I can certainly relate when I first tried to do a practice paper. I recommend doing more practice with timing and understanding how the marks are allocated for the different questions. For the 5, 8 and 12 markers, I recommend spending 1 minute per mark (eventually you should be able to reduce time spent on 5 and 8 markers). For the 25 marker, you should spend 30 minutes max. This brings the time spent per section to 55 minutes + 5 minutes spent quickly reading the questions first and then reading the extract and underlining/annotating key information you need. Repeat this for the other section and you should do well. Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
C&P/JT
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (175)
4.95%
Uncertainty around my education (517)
14.63%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (393)
11.12%
Lack of purpose or motivation (490)
13.87%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (172)
4.87%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (214)
6.06%
Loneliness (300)
8.49%
Financial worries (129)
3.65%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (140)
3.96%
Exposure to negative news/social media (160)
4.53%
Lack of real life entertainment (197)
5.58%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (317)
8.97%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (329)
9.31%

Watched Threads