The Student Room Group

Maths as

I got a D in my AS mock, even though we haven't finished the content but that's still no excuse. but i'm still struggling with maths. I find it very hard to practice exam questions, as I get stressed that I cant do them. im hoping to get an A and my exams are in 2 months. could it be possible?
Reply 1
Not finishing the content does mean that you'll probably get a higher grade next time when you know and are confident with everything on the course!! Maths exam questions at this level can often be daunting, but I think mastering the resilience and skill to just keep at a problem are really important. I would say it is possible, but only if you're prepared to dedicate a lot of time, effort and energy into exam style questions and practice problems.

Perhaps you could focus on a topic at a time. Maybe start on some of the more simple questions in your textbook and plough through them until you've completed the harder ones before trying actual past paper questions on that topic. I also find it useful to keep a notebook with key examples of the questions that make you think a lot more. Then you can refer back to them and know that if you can answer those, you can answer anything!! As you start being able to complete these questions, your confidence should increase and hopefully that will stop the stress. Definitely focus on the things that you find most difficult and sometimes struggle with and I'm sure you'll start to see your hard work paying off :smile:

Original post by alexis7869
I got a D in my AS mock, even though we haven't finished the content but that's still no excuse. but i'm still struggling with maths. I find it very hard to practice exam questions, as I get stressed that I cant do them. im hoping to get an A and my exams are in 2 months. could it be possible?

Quick Reply

Latest