The Student Room Group

Unusual period, i'm 15 help please

I'm 15 years old, had regular periods since I was 11. I got my period on the 17th of this month which is 5 days early. My period is never early and if it is then only by a day or 2. I was (luckily) in my bedroom when this happened but obviously you feel it when it comes out and it just poured out (TMI, sorry!) It kind of poured out for about a minute - the time I took to get to my bathroom and sat on the toilet confused for a few seconds. I've used tampons as usual but there has been very little blood, little enough to actually get away with wearing a panty liner, again this is unusual.

BELOW ARE REASONS WHY I PERSONALLY THINK IT'S DIFFERENT.

On the 14th and 15th of this month I drank 3 quarters of a 1l bottle of 17% alcohol, (Baileys). I have only drank, other that said dates, twice and both times were months apart. I have also been really stressed although this is normal but have been more depressed than usual. I had a 2 week long headache, they came like cluster headaches, felt like tension headaches and some indicating migraines. This stopped about 1 week ago. My carers asked if I may be pregnant so I took a pregnancy test (CLEARBLUE) but it came back negative although I didn't really urinate on it a lot, the stick bit did still go pink though, which suggests it works, along with the little control window bit.

ANY SUGGESTIONS?
To be honest you're probably fine, if you're really concerned speak to a doctor, but hormones do weird stuff to you while you're a teenager. Once my period came 3 weeks late for no reason other than it just felt like it. I wouldn't be worried.
Reply 2
Ur fine
Periods can be irregular for years in your teens but if you’re not comfortable with what happened then I’d go to your go. As far as the pregnancy test goes that sounds about right because they aren’t designed to be urinated in a lot so if the end turned pink and there was a control line I’d say the test was working. They can give false negatives but from what you’ve said I don’t really think you were/are however, I didn’t see it so I wouldn’t know. If you’re worried you are or have been pregnancy definitely see your gp a quick chat or two minute blood test could rule that out for you

Quick Reply

Latest