Kaviya M
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I have received an unconditional offer from University Of Edinburgh in MSc Drug Discovery and Translational Biology. I have also applied for MSc in Biotherpeutics at UCD and waiting for the reply. I am confused which is a better option to choose if i get offer letter from UCD also?! I am a biotechnology graduate from India. After my MSc i plan on further undergoing an MBA also either immediately or after a year of employment. I would like to hear suggestions on choosing the right one for me.
Blue_Cow
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Kaviya M)
I have received an unconditional offer from University Of Edinburgh in MSc Drug Discovery and Translational Biology. I have also applied for MSc in Biotherpeutics at UCD and waiting for the reply. I am confused which is a better option to choose if i get offer letter from UCD also?! I am a biotechnology graduate from India. After my MSc i plan on further undergoing an MBA also either immediately or after a year of employment. I would like to hear suggestions on choosing the right one for me.
...which one do you want to do? They both sound quite different - have you looked at the course modules?

Moved to Biological and life science
ClairaSuzen
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
UCD is an excellent all-round university, with particular excellence in certain areas - mainly where it has won his value research funding: in the bio sciences. It has Ireland's premier graduate business school. It is a member of Universities 21, an elite global network of research-intensive universities. In the UK the Universities 21 members are Edinburgh, Glasgow, Birmingham and Nottingham - that gives you an idea of how to rank it within the UK.
Cheapest fee and best in academic. Extremely polished education system, oldest university in Europe and still you don’t believe then I tell you that 524 people are heading for UCD this year, highest over last 5 years. FT ranking is under 50. MIT professors will change your life.

Comparing with UK?

more jobs
more qualified professors
triple accredited. Only 1% university in the world are triple accredited
Cheapest fee structure
the best internship all around the world
Ireland is among the quietest and most peaceful place in entire Europe
UCD surrounded with Facebook, YouTube, Amazon, Google and numerious big4 companies
This year most of the US headquarters have shifted to Ireland and 900+ jobs have been generated this year
UCD has world class recuritment fair each year where from all over the world companies come and hire students.
More suitable to International students like you (also I liked this college over UK's other elite one), I am not much into rankings and all. I feel being adjusted and having free flow of mind to work is more important than ranks and all. I would suggest you go for it!

(Original post by Kaviya M)
Kaviya M
Rep:
?
My major aim is the pharmaceutical science sector. Both the course modules are equally good. I know Edinburgh is a great place to study at, similar to Dublin and I heard the cost of living is also somewhat same at both the places. Edinburgh has a much higher ranking and I have heard it's in the frontline in biological sciences. UCD is also research intensive. But I find most of the students from my place getting into UCD than Edinburgh. This has made me really confusing. I want to know which one is the best option.
ClairaSuzen
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I would anyday go into UCD than Edinburgh. At the end of the day ranks hardly matters! It is on paper that Edinburgh is highest and best . But reality may not be the same! not commenting on quality of Edinburgh but UCD is most student friendly in whole of europe with high perks which i have listed in my previous answer. Rest upto you.
All the best !
Kaviya M
Rep:
?
(Original post by ClairaSuzen)
I would anyday go into UCD than Edinburgh. At the end of the day ranks hardly matters! It is on paper that Edinburgh is highest and best . But reality may not be the same! not commenting on quality of Edinburgh but UCD is most student friendly in whole of europe with high perks which i have listed in my previous answer. Rest upto you.
All the best !
Thanks for your suggestion. I wll take this into account.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (329)
34.6%
No (622)
65.4%

Watched Threads