The Student Room Group

Untamed-child 's journey from DDDU to A* A* A*

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ggxsywes
finish all AS past papers starting now (28 per subject) do each past paper twice. that's 100 something past papers to do. theyre actually super fun

i want to do all this but i feel like i need to do other reading and stuff for ucas PS i dont know how tob balance or finish it all , like should i focus on new A2 stuff make notes or go over AS stuff
Original post by ggxsywes
finish all AS past papers starting now (28 per subject) do each past paper twice. that's 100 something past papers to do. theyre actually super fun

100% agree
Original post by Presence
well done , any tips for a year 12 going to year 13 ?

like for bio and chemistry do the past papers as much as you can do them twice and also do the old spec like i did from 2018 to 2011 and then back up to 2018 then the 2 days or a day before i looked for the specimen set 2 papers and did those. and psych if you do it look at mark schemes like i did some papers but the mark schemes save me no joke .
i want to do all this but i feel like i need to do other reading and stuff for ucas PS i dont know how tob balance or finish it all , like should i focus on new A2 stuff make notes or go over AS stuff

make a to do list for every day that you want to do work in and put down everything you don't have to do timings personally i didn't
the ucas stuff is an excuse dont lie to urself. ur grades>ucas. writing a personal statement takes like 30 mins per day... for like 3 weeks if u want a perfect PS.
print out a past paper for AS right now and do it. focus on AS stuff. since u've started learning equilibrium and Kc and Kp, finish all the packs here: https://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/chemistry-revision/a-level-edexcel/equilibrium/

equilibrium is a reallyyyy important topic. pls focus on it.
(edited 4 years ago)

what subjects do you do?
Original post by anonymoussse
the ucas stuff is an excuse dont lie to urself. ur grades>ucas. writing a personal statement takes like 30 mins per day... for like 3 weeks if u want a perfect PS.
print out a past paper for AS right now and do it. focus on AS stuff. since u've started learning equilibrium and Kc and Kp, finish all the packs here: https://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/chemistry-revision/a-level-edexcel/equilibrium/

equilibrium is a reallyyyy important topic. pls focus on it.

thx , so i should focus on AS this summer and do A2 if i finish the AS stuff ?
how much of AS stuff is actually tested in the exam does it focus more on a2 ?
Hi guys

hope you are doing greatttt( lol when i was typing that i was singing it i am so weird)

I missed this
so my question to you is

How is summer going?
Reply 47
lmao I've gone from a D to an A* in Chemistry too. When you finally understand it loll.
Original post by DnnD
lmao I've gone from a D to an A* in Chemistry too. When you finally understand it loll.

you know later you bare grown :tongue: and Well doneeeeee
(edited 4 years ago)
update

so today is the 1st August

I am been resting ( more like self-reflecting on the year) and stuff in my life that i want to improve some areas so i guess it is like a self-growth journey during summer but not really and applied for jobs but no replies so far and just stressing.
Still hoping that somehow considering how bad my exams went that God will help me cause the amount of work and time invested for these A levels:colonhash: despite the fact that my Biology teachers didn't, one believe in my abilities and two many things going on aside from school. ( sorry for my little rant)
But i am scared yall because although as some of you watching thread know that I didn't get any offers for medicine there is still so much like for me, medicine isn't just oh an option but it is my one and the only option in terms what I am looking for in a career, the vast array of specialities and constant changes that it entails guys I can go on forever talking about medicine. I never want something so bad.

Hope you are having a great holiday so far

so this is my update

new update 21/05/2020

for some reason I can't reply to my own forum but

Hey guys thank for stopping by,

Looking back at A level exams, I realised that I was struggling with exam anxiety ( so panic attacks before the exam ) and it felt that if i did not get into medicine that year it was over (like my life was over i know very dramatic but with the anxiety at the same it did feel like so and definitely was a very toxic mindset to have but i didn't realise that at the time)

But to answer your question, results day did not go as planned i got A* B C and i am currently doing Pharmacy ( MPharm) i just finished my year 1 so going into second year but as far as my dream to do medicine it is most definitely not over so i do plan to apply for graduate entry medicine and because some of the modules in pharmacy overlapp with the medical school modules at my university i am still learn areas of medicine that i enjoy i guess but graduate entry medicine is the goal for now

Stay safe
(edited 3 years ago)
Hi, how did results day go? What are you doing now?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending