damhashj
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
How can I revise for French in order to get a 7???
What can I do for productive revision?
Deggs_14
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I would recommend focusing on which part of the exam is your weakness/ what you struggle with. Practice reading and listening exercises using kerboodle and old AQA french listening and reading papers on line. I completed every one I found, even though they're easier. You can go on the teaching materials section of the AQA French specification website, there are more translation practice documents on there. Otherwise if speaking is what you struggle with, then I used flashcards to write out focused answers. For writing, try and learn and memorise some different phrases instead of boring "je pense que" and "de plus" all the time. You can use "je soutiens que" = I maintain that, "de surcroit" = moreover, "je suis peu convaincru que" (+ subjunctive) = I am not really convinced that" etc.
Research different websites, and you can write some phrases you like on flashcards and incorporate them into essays and speaking tasks, https://www.talkinfrench.com/french-essay-phrases/ for example. You can also watch French With Alexa on you tube if you're bored or before bed or when you cba to do actual revision, she helps with speaking situations, eg at the shops. For context, I am doing a level french this year and got a 9 last year in GCSE.

Je te souhaite bonne chance!
damhashj
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
merci beaucoup
(Original post by Deggs_14)
I would recommend focusing on which part of the exam is your weakness/ what you struggle with. Practice reading and listening exercises using kerboodle and old AQA french listening and reading papers on line. I completed every one I found, even though they're easier. You can go on the teaching materials section of the AQA French specification website, there are more translation practice documents on there. Otherwise if speaking is what you struggle with, then I used flashcards to write out focused answers. For writing, try and learn and memorise some different phrases instead of boring "je pense que" and "de plus" all the time. You can use "je soutiens que" = I maintain that, "de surcroit" = moreover, "je suis peu convaincru que" (+ subjunctive) = I am not really convinced that" etc.
Research different websites, and you can write some phrases you like on flashcards and incorporate them into essays and speaking tasks, https://www.talkinfrench.com/french-essay-phrases/ for example. You can also watch French With Alexa on you tube if you're bored or before bed or when you cba to do actual revision, she helps with speaking situations, eg at the shops. For context, I am doing a level french this year and got a 9 last year in GCSE.

Je te souhaite bonne chance!
Lilllyyyy3
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
how do you just revise writing on certain themes and apply it to the actual exam question
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (588)
34.07%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (714)
41.37%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (345)
19.99%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (79)
4.58%

Watched Threads