The Student Room Group

Manchester accomodation allocation

I've just applied to Manchester for accomodation and I only want to go to Owens park(first choice) followed by oak house, so I selected Owens park first and then I selected Oak house twice, once with a wash basin and once without, but then I couldn't continue on with the online form until I had picked two more accomodation options so I picked Richmond park then Sheavyn house yet I have 0 interest in going to these accomodation options. Once I had submitted my form it then said that the options I selected are in no particular order so I emailed the accomodation board and asked if there was a way to make my preference known and they said that in every case peoples options are submitted in no particular order. So I was wondering how people have dealt with this? Is it likely I will get Owens Park or oak house or what can I do if I do get allocated one of the other two.
Thanks.
Original post by EleanorWhittee
I've just applied to Manchester for accomodation and I only want to go to Owens park(first choice) followed by oak house, so I selected Owens park first and then I selected Oak house twice, once with a wash basin and once without, but then I couldn't continue on with the online form until I had picked two more accomodation options so I picked Richmond park then Sheavyn house yet I have 0 interest in going to these accomodation options. Once I had submitted my form it then said that the options I selected are in no particular order so I emailed the accomodation board and asked if there was a way to make my preference known and they said that in every case peoples options are submitted in no particular order. So I was wondering how people have dealt with this? Is it likely I will get Owens Park or oak house or what can I do if I do get allocated one of the other two.
Thanks.

I assume they are going to say if everyone did it then it would make their job more difficult. Presumably when offered your choice you get the option to refuse it. I get the feeling they are saying they arent interested in your preference and you can sort yourself out otherwise. Every uni has its own system, some unis let you have a preference and do it on first come first served. Its a shame their system isnt a bit more flexible and transparent.
Ah okay thank you guys, it is a real shame they don’t allow you to have a preference as I was looking forward to the idea of Owens park but hopefully I could still end up there. Thank you :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by EleanorWhittee
Ah okay thank you guys, it is a real shame they don’t allow you to have a preference as I was looking forward to the idea of Owens park but hopefully I could still end up there. Thank you :smile:

This is so late but where did you end up?? I’ve just applied for mine xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending