lancaster to employers Watch

bilbobaggins333
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hey guys, i have firmed lancaster on, UCAS and loved it looking around.

my one question and concern, is whether lancaster is considered to employers, as a first class uni, up there with the russell group?

i know that, lancaster is ranked top 10 in most of the official ranking online, but is this ranking reflected and known by employers and the wider community?

cheers for reading, and i hope it makes sense
Cheers
TSR_Ollie
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help

Why do I do this?

The Universities forums get a lot of questions that are unanswered. This is often because the OP's thread got missed - bumping threads gives them another lease of life and frequently results in someone seeing it and being able to respond

If you would like to help with unanswered questions check out the first part of the list here and don't forget the second part of the list here.

Or if you have questions, get in touch with Puddles the Monkey.
Cait208
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi!

I have confirmed my place at Lancaster after being torn between it and York, and yes I did have concerns about whether Lancaster was considered to be as well respected as some of the other Universities. Although some people would suggest it is very dependent on what you plan to do, I personally get the impression that Lancaster actively assist its students into the working world, where others may not. When I was at my interview there, I was told that Lancaster is the number one University for employability rates post grad for my chosen degree course (the prospectus says number 3 overall, only after to oxbridge). I would say you should not be concerned about Lancaster; although in the past it has not necessarily been considered as ‘presitgious’ it is becoming an increasingly well-respected university, especially since being awarded the University of the Year title (against some extremely good competition too). At the end of the day, University is about going somewhere you are going to be settled and happy at, as both those factors will assist and aid your ability to perform well in your degree!
(Original post by TSR_Ollie)
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help

Why do I do this?

The Universities forums get a lot of questions that are unanswered. This is often because the OP's thread got missed - bumping threads gives them another lease of life and frequently results in someone seeing it and being able to respond

If you would like to help with unanswered questions check out the first part of the list here and don't forget the second part of the list here.

Or if you have questions, get in touch with Puddles the Monkey.
bilbobaggins333
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
thank you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Lancaster University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Jun '19
  • Lancaster University
    Sat, 13 Jul '19
  • Lancaster University
    Sat, 7 Sep '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (376)
37.49%
No - but I will (76)
7.58%
No - I don't want to (71)
7.08%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (480)
47.86%

Watched Threads