Unmarried couples whipped for breaking Sharia Law in Indonesia Watch

Plantagenet Crown
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Ray_Shadows)
I highly doubt every muslim can memorise every verse from the Quran , lmao
Who’s talking about memorisation? It’s understandable to not know every verse of your holy book off by heart, but is it reasonable to continue denying its existence when the evidence has been clearly provided?
alevelshelpit
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Do you even know how many versus there are in the quran
(Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
Who’s talking about memorisation? It’s understandable to not know it exists, but is it reasonable to continue denying its existence when the evidence has been clearly provided?
don't even bother. they aren't even worthy of debating with.
"memorising" lmao how do you not know what your religion says are you not interested at ALL??
Ray_Shadows
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Who’s talking about memorisation? It’s understandable to not know every verse of your holy book off by heart, but is it reasonable to continue denying its existence when the evidence has been clearly provided?
But don't you need to memorise it before you can understand it
Ascend
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
It's not only unreasonable but it actively provides cover for extremists who do actually stick by these teachings.
Plantagenet Crown
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
But don't you need to memorise it before you can understand it
I’m confused as to what memorisation has got to do with anything?

Rainfall asked someone to prove the Quran contains verses about abuse/lashes. Said person provided the verse. Rainfall now claims the verse is made up and that “lash those who commit adultery” can’t possibly mean “lash those who commit adultery” :confused:
Last edited by Plantagenet Crown; 4 weeks ago
AngeryPenguin
Badges: 17
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by BlueIndigoViolet)
just wow - no wonder people are turning away from religion - absolute nonsense - should leave their 7th century verses in the 7th century if they are not prepared to interpret this and adapt for the 21st...
Atheist leaders and governments caused the most deaths in the shortest timespan in human history.

E.g. Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Lenin...

No wonder people are turning away from atheism!

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...ds-population/
Ray_Shadows
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I’m confused as to how memorisation has anything to do with this?

Rainfall asked someone to prove the Quran contains verses about abuse/lashes. Said person provided the verse. Now Rainfall claims the verse is made up and that “lash those who commit adultery” can’t possibly mean “lash those who commit adultery” :confused:
oh idc what she thinks , i'm just confused how alevelshelpit thinks that muslims should be expected to know and memorise every Quran verse when he said , and i quote "the amount of muslims on here that don't even know all of these verses is truly worrying lmao
Professional G
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
is it really necessary to pile on Rainfall like that? Yes, we all know there’s stuff in the holy books which we don’t agree with but that doesn’t mean chiding her. Religion isn’t all black and white, not all religious people fully agree with all the teaching. They can still be religious without believing in every teaching.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Last edited by Professional G; 4 weeks ago
AJ126
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
These people didn't even commit adultery though? They just kissed outside of marriage.Islam should just be done with it and write a verse outlawing anyone having any fun ever.That would make a much shorter book.
Plantagenet Crown
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Ascend)
It's not only unreasonable but it actively provides cover for extremists who do actually stick by these teachings.
PRSOM.
CHANEL&DIAMONDS
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Professional G)
is it really necessary to pile on Rainfall like that? Yes, we all know there’s stuff in the holy books which we don’t agree with but that doesn’t mean chiding her. Religion isn’t all black and white, not all religious people fully agree with all the teaching. They can still be religious without believing in every teaching.
thank you 😊 for defending me. I absolutely agree. These people expect me to know everything and think I agree with everything
alevelshelpit
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
oh idc what she thinks , i'm just confused how alevelshelpit thinks that muslims should be expected to know and memorise every Quran verse when he said , and i quote "the amount of muslims on here that don't even know all of these verses is truly worrying lmao
I meant the main things about Islam. how haven't you researched into what islam stands by? nowhere did i say every single verse. but you should be curious about your religion and be researching. i was genuinely shocked rainfall had no idea what i was talking about.

again just to clarify - its not about memorising you should just know some of the main teachings of islam. hope that clears it all up.
AJ126
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by AngeryPenguin)
Atheist leaders and governments caused the most deaths in the shortest timespan in human history.

E.g. Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Lenin...

No wonder people are turning away from atheism!

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...ds-population/
Hitler was a christian btw.
alevelshelpit
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
If you knew anything about Islam you would know this is very false lol.
Plantagenet Crown
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I’m not really arguing that point. But there’s a difference between not agreeing with everything and denying that a verse literally exists.
Ray_Shadows
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by alevelshelpit)
I meant the main things about Islam. how haven't you researched into what islam stands by? nowhere did i say every single verse. but you should be curious about your religion and be researching. i was genuinely shocked rainfall had no idea what i was talking about.

again just to clarify - its not about memorising you should just know some of the main teachings of islam. hope that clears it all up.
Ah ok i guess that makes more sense , and yeh you're right about that main teachings for every religion so thank you for the clarification

have a nice day
AngeryPenguin
Badges: 17
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by AJ126)
Hitler was a christian btw.
Hitler, wrote Speer, viewed Christianity as the wrong religion for the "Germanic temperament":[54] Speer wrote that Hitler would say: "You see, it's been our misfortune to have the wrong religion. Why didn't we have the religion of the Japanese, who regard sacrifice for the fatherland as the highest good? The Mohammedan religion too would have been much more compatible to us than Christianity. Why did it have to be Christianity with its meekness and flabbiness?"[57]
Good bloke
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Rainfall)
I’m sure god is peaceful
But that belief flies in the face of all your own scriptures which contain stories of your god exacting violent and cruel retribution for supposed infractions, injunctions to perpetrate barbarous punishments on people who transgress (an eye for an eye, a hand for a theft, stoning of adulterers and killing apostates), commands to make war on your god's enemies. It is all of a piece and perfectly consistent.

How is it possible to believe that this god is kind and does not allow abuse? This god is the ringleader of cruel abuse. They are doing it in his name. You worship this god, unbelievably.
TheNamesBond.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by AngeryPenguin)
Hitler, wrote Speer, viewed Christianity as the wrong religion for the "Germanic temperament":[54] Speer wrote that Hitler would say: "You see, it's been our misfortune to have the wrong religion. Why didn't we have the religion of the Japanese, who regard sacrifice for the fatherland as the highest good? The Mohammedan religion too would have been much more compatible to us than Christianity. Why did it have to be Christianity with its meekness and flabbiness?"[57]
Religion has killed more people than any other source in history, please don’t debate this.
Professional G
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by alevelshelpit)
If you knew anything about Islam you would know this is very false lol.
I’m not really arguing that point. But there’s a difference between not agreeing with everything and denying that a verse literally exists.
According to certain Christians/figures/‘verses’, I’m not a Christian because either I don’t hate gay people or because I’m a Catholic.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (314)
37.74%
No - but I will (64)
7.69%
No - I don't want to (62)
7.45%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (392)
47.12%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise