Unmarried couples whipped for breaking Sharia Law in Indonesia Watch

Leviathan1611
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by AJ126)
Hitler was a christian btw.
"Adolf Hitler's religious beliefs*have been a matter of debate; the wide consensus of historians consider him to have been*irreligious,*anti-Christian,*anti-clerical*and*scientistic.[1]*In light of evidence such as his fierce*criticism*and vocal rejection of the tenets of*Christianity,[2]*numerous private statements to confidants denouncing Christianity as a harmful*superstition.....Hitler was born to a practising Catholic*mother, and was*baptised*in the*Roman Catholic Church. From a young age, he expressed disbelief and hostility to Christianity.[5]*But in 1904, acquiescing to his mother's wish, he was*confirmed*at the Roman Catholic Cathedral in*Linz, Austria, where the family lived.[6]*According to*John Willard Toland, witnesses indicate that Hitler's confirmation sponsor had to "drag the words out of him*... almost as though the whole confirmation was repugnant to him" - Wikipedia

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reli...f_Adolf_Hitler
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
JohnDoughnut
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by AngeryPenguin)
Atheist leaders and governments caused the most deaths in the shortest timespan in human history.

E.g. Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Lenin...

No wonder people are turning away from atheism!

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...ds-population/
Hitler was a Christian, Stalin failed priest training Mao was a 'god' same as leaders in North Korea are presented as literal gods that can control weather, understand animals, read minds...
Good bloke
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Professional G)
Religion isn’t all black and white,
In this case it certainly is. In the Koran. A straightforward command. And the Koran claims to be the perfect word of god - disagree and invite retribution in the afterlife.
Notoriety
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
According to certain Christians/figures/‘verses’, I’m not a Christian because either I don’t hate gay people or because I’m a Catholic.
Easy to pick and choose with the Bible as the stuff comes from multiple sources, so there are going to be contradictions and you also have the New Covenant (with the death of Baby J). With the Qur'an, it's all the exact and immutable word of Allah.
Plantagenet Crown
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
According to certain Christians/figures/‘verses’, I’m not a Christian because either I don’t hate gay people or because I’m a Catholic.
Still irrelevant to my point. I couldn’t care less what Rainfall picks and chooses from Islam, but to deny that a verse exists and is real is very bizarre.
JohnDoughnut
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Lets all pretend that Islam is a peaceful religion, as local censor wishes us to do.
CHANEL&DIAMONDS
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
Still irrelevant to my point. I couldn’t care less what Rainfall picks and chooses from Islam, but to deny that a verse exists and is real is very bizarre.
Maybe I’m just shocked that it’s real!
Professional G
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
I’m pretty sure it’s not that she denies it’s real but more that she has no idea it exists.
TheNamesBond.
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Rainfall)
Well now you do, so you can start looking at your religion from a more objective standpoint, question it, and then see where you stand.
Good bloke
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You have been brainwashed into this nonsense since birth and you had somehow escaped knowledge that the Koran commands barbarous punishments? That is difficult to believe when every thinking person in the UK is fully aware of it. How can you follow a religion when you are unaware oif its nature?
AngeryPenguin
Badges: 17
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by TheNamesBond.)
Religion has killed more people than any other source in history, please don’t debate this.
Of course I won't. Religion has been around since the dawn of civilisation, and has therefore obviously been responsible for many, many deaths.

But given how very recent atheism is, it sure has caused a hell of a lot of deaths. It sure has killed far more people in the last century than religion has.
JohnDoughnut
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Do you honestly think that if Mohamed had access to heavy artillery or nukes we would be here?
Of course I won't. Religion has been around since the dawn of civilisation, and has therefore obviously been responsible for many, many deaths.

But given how very recent atheism is, it sure has caused a hell of a lot of deaths. It sure has killed far more people in the last century than religion has.
CHANEL&DIAMONDS
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Good bloke)
You have been brainwashed into this nonsense since birth and you had somehow escaped knowledge that the Koran commands barbarous punishments? That is difficult to believe when every thinking person in the UK is fully aware of it. How can you follow a religion when you are unaware oif its nature?
Because I never researched . There YOU GO. Now leave me alone!
Notoriety
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Good bloke)
Islam has quite the punishment for apostasy as well, if I am not mistaken.
JohnDoughnut
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Or being gay, atheism is act of terrorism in the KSA, quite a new law, not a blast from past.
(Original post by Notoriety)
TheNamesBond.
Rep:
?

No it hasn't.

Atheism hasn't just recently come up, where do you get off making these claims?

You can't mention someone who was an Atheist and who kills people, the two have no relation, religion killed people because it wanted to spread it's lies, atheism has rarely ever killed people in the name of nothing.
TheNamesBond.
Rep:
?
(Original post by Notoriety)
Indeed, you're given 3 days to reconcile with your faith or it's decapitation for you.
Good bloke
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago

Leaving aside the obvious fact that atheism has been around for as long as religion, with known atheistic schools existing almost three thousand years ago, why do you claim atheism has killed so many people?

Nobody has ever led a movement to impose atheism at the point of a sword. Even the soviets didn't act to promulgate atheism; they merely used atheism to suppress the church and its influence against them.
Good bloke
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Because I never researched . There YOU GO. Now leave me alone!
Then why believe?
Underscore__
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Maybe it means something else
It does seem rather ambiguous
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (314)
37.74%
No - but I will (64)
7.69%
No - I don't want to (62)
7.45%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (392)
47.12%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise