M Engelke, Think Like an Anthropologist (2017)
R Astuti et al (eds.), Questions of Anthropology (2007)
M Bloch, Prey into Hunter (1996)
M Carrithers, Why Humans Have Cultures (1992)
T Eriksen, Small Places, Large Issues: An Introduction to Social and Cultural Anthropology (2001)
J Carsten, The Heat of the Hearth (1997)
P Bourgois, In Search of Respect: Selling Crack in El Barrio (2003)
Harding, J., Davies, P. and Mair, G. (2017) An Introduction to Criminal Justice, London: Sage
Newburn, T. (2009) Criminology: Key Readings, Cullompton: Willan
Newburn, T. (2017) Criminology, London: Routledge
Newburn, T. (2018) Criminology: A very short introduction, Oxford: Oxford University Press
Open University (2016) Criminology Beyond Crime, Free course
Roberts, J.V. (2015) Criminal Justice: A very short introduction, Oxford: Oxford University Press
It looks like the line in bold above is a free online course - that sounds like it would definitely be worth doing, and a great thing to mention on a personal statement.
Lombroso C (1884/2006) Criminal Man. Translated and with a New Introduction by Mary Gibson and Nicole Hahn Rafter, Durham, NC: Duke University Press.
• Bois, W. E. B. Du (1899) The Philadelphia *****: A Social Study. Philadelphia, PA: University of Pennsylvania Press.
• Potter, H. (2015) Intersectionality and Criminology: Disrupting and Revolutionizing Studies of Crime. London: Routledge.
• Collier, R. (1998) Masculinities, Crime and Criminology : Men, Heterosexuality and the Criminal(Ised) Other. London: Sage.
• Gartner, R. and McCarthy, B. (2014) (eds.) The Oxford Handbook of Gender, Sex, and Crime. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
• Gabbidon, S. L., Greene, H. T. and Young, V. (2001) African American Classics in Criminology and Criminal Justice. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
• Tonry, M. and Bucerius, S. (2014) (eds.) The Oxford Handbook of Ethnicity, Crime, and Immigration. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
• Phillips, C. and Webster, C. (2013) (ed.) New Directions in Race, Ethnicity and Crime. London: Routledge.
• Chakraborti, N. and Garland, J. (2015) Hate Crime: Impacts, Causes and Responses (2nd edition), London: Sage.
• Buist, C.L. & Lenning, E., (2016), Queer Criminology. London: Routledge.