King's reputation Watch

ericchau
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Hi everyone,

How is King's College London's reputation? Is it considered a prestigious, well-known, and hard-to-get-in university?

Thank you very much.
sasat
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Thats pretty bad although I think it’s rather then Queens security to blame for that. Also ahah by hard to get into I think they mean entry requirements
(Original post by emilyalexandraa)
It's quite hard to get into Kings. Recently, there has been a scandal at Kings. Basically, the Queen of England came to visit Kings and security wouldn't let anybody who was "suspicious looking" into one of the campuses. So the students missed their exams and failed them because they weren't allowed to enter the building. The students that looked "suspicious" were of Arab descent. I'm really shocked and surprised that a diverse uni would do that.
So to actually answer the question- King’s is (in my country and circle at least) considered to be a prestigious uni with quite a lot of brand recognition. While it depends between courses I think King’s is among the higher ranking Russel Group universities.
This is to my understanding anyway and since I want to go there next year I hope what im saying is fairly accurate
ericchau
Rep:
?
(Original post by emilyalexandraa)
It's quite hard to get into Kings. Recently, there has been a scandal at Kings. Basically, the Queen of England came to visit Kings and security wouldn't let anybody who was "suspicious looking" into one of the campuses. So the students missed their exams and failed them because they weren't allowed to enter the building. The students that looked "suspicious" were of Arab descent. I'm really shocked and surprised that a diverse uni would do that.
Lol, your post didn't help me much it sure made me laugh. I may need to change the wording in my question.
ericchau
Rep:
?
(Original post by sasat)
Thats pretty bad although I think it’s rather then Queens security to blame for that. Also ahah by hard to get into I think they mean entry requirements

So to actually answer the question- King’s is (in my country and circle at least) considered to be a prestigious uni with quite a lot of brand recognition. While it depends between courses I think King’s is among the higher ranking Russel Group universities.
This is to my understanding anyway and since I want to go there next year I hope what im saying is fairly accurate
Thank you for your very helpful answer. Good luck, I hope you'll get into King's
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (221)
12.46%
Excited (166)
9.36%
Worried (309)
17.43%
Terrified (390)
22%
Meh (186)
10.49%
Confused (39)
2.2%