How did you find it?

Listening was good but reading wasn't great :/ 9%
Reading was good but listening wasn't great :/ 25%
Both were good! :D 31%
It was OK overall :) 19%
QuELLE dOMmAgE16%
Total votes: 247
Bonjour mes amies. :biggrin:

Our reading and listening paper is on Tuesday 14th May (and for some of us, the very first GCSE written paper!).

Share your revision strategies and how you're feeling here. After the exam, this thread might be a good place to discuss what came up.

I hope people find this useful!

Link to the AQA GCSE French page (with specification link on the right hand side of the page :thumbsup: ) : https://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/languages/gcse/french-8658/specification-at-a-glance

Bonne chance!

@Evil Homer, please add this to the list when you can! :smile:

Well done everyone - we've made it! Whether it went well or not, keep pushing! If you've got subjects in between today and Friday's exam, best of luck! Remember to pop down to the French Writing thread if you want some revision advice or some motivation. BONNE CHANCE! :thumbsup:
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hi,
revision is different for everybody-some people find reading their notes over and over again helps them to memorise facts whilst others need to visualise something-or draw it. I am also studying French and I find that a very helpful technique is to read French books ,watch French movies and listen to French music.Whilst you may not understand all of what is going on, it will be helpful to hear how the French speak in general.In the class we are taught much more slowly however the exam is spoken much more faster and you have to pick out words, which lead to the answer.In the terms of revising for a certain topic-practise reading over words-if you have any members of your family that speak or French or even if you are studying it with a classmate- have a discussion in order to familiarise yourself with the words and content.
hope this helps
Should this be 14th May??

Original post by RazzzBerries
Bonjour mes amies. :biggrin:

Our reading and listening paper is on Tuesday 14th March (and for some of us, the very first GCSE written paper!).

Share your revision strategies and how you're feeling here. After the exam, this thread might be a good place to discuss what came up.

I hope people find this useful!

Link to the AQA GCSE French page (with specification link on the right hand side of the page :thumbsup: ) : https://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/languages/gcse/french-8658/specification-at-a-glance

Bonne chance!

@Evil Homer, please add this to the list when you can! :smile:
Original post by The Learn Ranger
Should this be 14th May??

Oml you’re right 😂 I think I was half asleep typing this! Thanks for letting me know ☺️
so my listening is terrible and my overall grade is constantly dragged down by this:frown: does anyone know of anything to help improve because in listenings all i bloody hear is gibberish:colondollar:
Go to the AQA website and download the spec. Then find the vocab lists. My advice would be to learn as much of this as possible as the listening (and reading) papers are usually based around this vocab. If you make flashcards with these online, there should be an option for it to read the words out loud to help you recognise key vocab in the listening.
quizlet is the way. That’s all i’m doing. In my mocks i got 85% writing and just over 90% in the speaking but in reading i got 55% ish and 45% in listening so after a few modifications to the grade boundaries i somehow ended up with a 6 so all i’m doing now is quizlet “French AQA gcse” it’s all the vocab that’s on the AQA spec.
Reply 10
Original post by RazzzBerries

Merci :smile:
Same but I’m trying to improve!
I really want to get a 4 or 5 in French this year what can I do in the Reading and Listening to make this more likely?
How is everyone coping with the 2 French exams AND biology? I’m so stressed about it!
Original post by Littlegeekgirl_
How is everyone coping with the 2 French exams AND biology? I’m so stressed about it!

I am coping okay with that I basically want to pass every single subject I am doing. If you are Year 11 unlike me really there are also RE exams in that week as well which may be why it is hard for you to cope at least I don’t have to deal with those.
Reply 15
Original post by Littlegeekgirl_

Tell me about it. And it's the first day of exams, starting off with a grand total of 3.5 hours of exams in one day. Not a great start, tbh.
Hi everyone ,

Does anyone have the 2017 and 2018 French AQA Exam Papers for GCSE? I’ve lost mine . Not the specimen. Thanks
Original post by Anthos
Tell me about it. And it's the first day of exams, starting off with a grand total of 3.5 hours of exams in one day. Not a great start, tbh.

Ikr! And I also have RE the day before
Original post by echand123
Hi everyone ,

Does anyone have the 2017 and 2018 French AQA Exam Papers for GCSE? I’ve lost mine . Not the specimen. Thanks

https://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/languages/gcse/french-8658/assessment-resources?f.Exam+series%7CW=June+2018&query=&sort=&num_ranks=10&query=

Quick Reply

Latest