Edexcel GCSE History - Crime and Punishment (Paper 1) 03 Jun 2019 [Exam Discussion]

Watch
Poll: How was the exam?
Excellent! (21)
15%
Good! (50)
35.71%
OK (50)
35.71%
Bad (5)
3.57%
Edexcel committed a crime (14)
10%
RazzzBerries
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi everyone!

This is a thread for those doing the Crime and Punishment c1000-Present/Whitechapel paper as their chosen thematic study (Paper 1).

The exam date is Monday 3rd June 2019. This paper accounts for 30% of the entire GCSE.

I don't know about you guys, but I think this part of the course is the most content wise .

Use this thread to share how you're feeling in the run up to the exam, some cool revision strategies you have and (after the exam) how you felt about the paper!

I hope you find this useful!

Good luck!

Evil Homer, please add this to the list!

Paper 1 DOWN. Well done everyone!

There are threads up for The Cold War, Elizabethan Era and The USA. Please use the TSR Search bar and they will appear.
Last edited by RazzzBerries; 1 year ago
IsMo987
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by RazzzBerries)
Hi everyone!

This is a thread for those doing the Crime and Punishment c1000-Present/Whitechapel paper as their chosen thematic study (Paper 1).

The exam date is Monday 3rd June 2019. This paper accounts for 30% of the entire GCSE.

I don't know about you guys, but I think this part of the course is the most content wise .

Use this thread to share how you're feeling in the run up to the exam, some cool revision strategies you have and (after the exam) how you felt about the paper!

Good luck!

Hiiiii wat are u doing for history revision
RazzzBerries
Rep:
?
(Original post by IsMo987)
Hiiiii wat are u doing for history revision
Hiya, so for Crime and Punishment, I'm mainly making summary notes for each block/time period. I have cue cards which I bought online which I still need to go though :ninja: and I want to make a table of crimes, punishments and law enforcements. What about you?
IsMo987
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hiya, so for Crime and Punishment, I'm mainly making summary notes for each block/time period. I have cue cards which I bought online which I still need to go though :ninja: and I want to make a table of crimes, punishments and law enforcements. What about you?
Nothing really
RazzzBerries
Rep:
?
(Original post by IsMo987)
Nothing really
:lol:

If you really just cba, at least skim through the textbook. You should be fine. :yep:
Cov3rt
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm also doing it. Have you guys got tips the 16 marker since that's whats holding me back
RazzzBerries
Rep:
?
(Original post by Cov3rt)
I'm also doing it. Have you guys got tips the 16 marker since that's whats holding me back
Is it content that you're not getting or is it structure?
RazzzBerries
Rep:
?
(Original post by Cov3rt)
x
As an answer to your thread, I'm pretty sure trial by combat is the law enforcement. I guess the "punishment" in this sense was the death, lmao.
Cov3rt
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Alright thanks
RIP_MR.STARK
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I’m doing this too!
And i 100% agree that this part has the most info to digest, unfortunately
I literally don’t know where to start which is why I’m doing the 3 books in the course then I’m going to come to c+p last lol
Could also use some tips on content and structure please anyone!
Hi everyone!

Good luck!

RazzzBerries
Rep:
?
(Original post by Naifah_ch)
I’m doing this too!
And i 100% agree that this part has the most info to digest, unfortunately
I literally don’t know where to start which is why I’m doing the 3 books in the course then I’m going to come to c+p last lol
Could also use some tips on content and structure please anyone!
:yep:

What are your other ones? Mine are Elizabeth + Cold War/Superpower relations and The USA 1954-75. I'll be making separate threads for them soon too.

Content: just use memory tricks to remember dates. Make a table of crimes, punishments and law enforcement (matching) and memorise it. :yep:

Structure: just like you do in English. Talk about the 'event' a little bit to show off your knowledge and keep linking back to the question. This will flow eventually when all the content is learned. :thumbsup:
Dodgy_Bangout101
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I am revising history in the May half term.
RazzzBerries
Rep:
?
(Original post by Dodgy_Bangout101)
I am revising history in the May half term.
Maybe split it a bit rather than cramming? It's a lot of content! :eek:
RandomHumanBeing
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi everyone. 😀
I'm doing c&p, cold war and superpower relations 😒, Anglo-Saxon and Norman England and Weimar Nazi Germany.
imi120403
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Well I'm doing what most schools aren't unfortunately. Conflict in the Middle East, Mao's China, Henry VIII and his Ministers and one normal one Crime and Punishment
RIP_MR.STARK
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
:yep:

What are your other ones? Mine are Elizabeth + Cold War/Superpower relations and The USA 1954-75. I'll be making separate threads for them soon too.

Content: just use memory tricks to remember dates. Make a table of crimes, punishments and law enforcement (matching) and memorise it. :yep:

Structure: just like you do in English. Talk about the 'event' a little bit to show off your knowledge and keep linking back to the question. This will flow eventually when all the content is learned. :thumbsup:
I’m doing nazi Germany, Conflict in the Middle East and Elizabeth
Thanks for the tips!
Good luck
RuKKor S.S
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi! I'm doing the same study with Elizabethan, American West, and Wiemar/ Nazi Germany; I'm currently really stuck in where to get revision info from, bbc bitesize doesn't cover my needed specification in Crime and Punishment, my past books are impossible to read from, and i don't have any of the revision guides,Do you have any recommended websites for revising Crime and Punishment 1000c-present?
RazzzBerries
Rep:
?
(Original post by RuKKor S.S)
Hi! I'm doing the same study with Elizabethan, American West, and Wiemar/ Nazi Germany; I'm currently really stuck in where to get revision info from, bbc bitesize doesn't cover my needed specification in Crime and Punishment, my past books are impossible to read from, and i don't have any of the revision guides,Do you have any recommended websites for revising Crime and Punishment 1000c-present?
I recommend getting the purple revision guides from Pearson. They should be on Amazon somewhere. I find them really good for content and exam practice. :yep:
maddyt17
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
hey, my school is also doing Mao's China. How are you memorising the content, there's so much for China alone. I'm also doing Nazi Germany, Rise of the Bolsheviks in Russia, and the civil rights movement in America. Any tips on how to memorise all the content? I'm so scared I feel like I'm going to blank of everything in the exam
imi120403
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by maddyt17)
hey, my school is also doing Mao's China. How are you memorising the content, there's so much for China alone. I'm also doing Nazi Germany, Rise of the Bolsheviks in Russia, and the civil rights movement in America. Any tips on how to memorise all the content? I'm so scared I feel like I'm going to blank of everything in the exam
I know how that feels. I think history has that effect but just try not to worry. I generally try active recall which has really helped me. By this I mean I'' teach myself a topic with my book open and then after I feel comfortable, I close it and repeat it to my self in my own words. You can do this by writing out everything you remember too. Hope this helps, its certainly been some use to me. I also find that making essay plans is useful particularly 12 markers. Mao's china's is quite dense but just remember don't stress too much, a lot of it isn't even your own knowledge, mostly just sources.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (9)
21.43%
Better than expected (10)
23.81%
Worse than expected (23)
54.76%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed