The Student Room Group

Model scam?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zcdzvdzv
Do u get ur 50 pound deposit back ? I payed by PayPal so I think they can’t hack me right

I actually got my deposit back because I paid them the £50 over the phone using my credit card. When I checked my credit card statement, I realised that UR Models use PAYPAL to process their payments. The transaction had been recorded as PAYPAL FASHION STUDIO. So, I rang paypal and explained that I had been scammed. Paypal escalated the situation and asked them to respond to my claim within 7 days. Next day after contacting paypal, they (paypal) sent me an email saying the money had been refunded. YOU NEED TO MOVE FAST! Also, mention to paypal that they are scammers. Eventually paypal will refuse to process their payments.
Do u get ur 50 pound deposit back ? I payed by PayPal so I think they can’t hack me right

I actually got my deposit back because I paid them the £50 over the phone using my credit card. When I checked my credit card statement, I realised that UR Models use PAYPAL to process their payments. The transaction had been recorded as PAYPAL FASHION STUDIO. So, I rang paypal and explained that I had been scammed. Paypal escalated the situation and asked them to respond to my claim within 7 days. Next day after contacting paypal, they (paypal) sent me an email saying the money had been refunded. YOU NEED TO MOVE FAST if you want a refund.
Reply 82
Please is xenon Models real????they just took £2000 poinds off me fir mh 6 year old.
Original post by Vinkwe
Please is xenon Models real????they just took £2000 poinds off me fir mh 6 year old.

They are fake
Ur models and New York fashion do not ask you to bring a bank card how ridiculous is that you take a payment slip from your email and they refund you on the day as if ppl do not turn up they have wasted time and money you book a tattoo you pay a deposit do you think they refund you if you do not turn up they dont most of what I have read on is either ignorance or stupidity as if a company asks you to bring along a credit card or bank card most comments on here are pure stupidity or sour grapes because some people don't make it so it's more someone being disgruntled or no clear understanding of what modelling involves yes there are bogus companies ur models is not one of them my daughter earns very good money now through her involvement with ur models my advice don't listen to most of the fools on here thev are clearly ignorant
Personally if they're asking for money before they put you on the books i wouldn't risk it however if it's a small monthly representation fee it would seem legit
Could you tell me your personal testimony ? I paid them £500 today.. if this is such a scam then I won't be able to live with myself. It's literally all the money I had and I did it because they convinced me I could make it back with one job.
Wait today ?? I came for a shoot today and I passed and they said that . At about 4pm
Any agency that asks you for money upfront is as a scam. Period.
Original post by Theeredmist
Could you tell me your personal testimony ? I paid them £500 today.. if this is such a scam then I won't be able to live with myself. It's literally all the money I had and I did it because they convinced me I could make it back with one job.

Ur models offered me a test shoot but I cba to go as I had other offers from legit agencies looks like I made a smart decision as I now have a healthy modelling career
Reply 90
Got contacted too by Xenox models regarding my son.Very common mistake having paid the £50 deposit fee and even booked train tickets to London to attend the photo shoot.Thanks God i googled them after reading the porfolio/contract and all the fees to pay and how expensive the photo shoot photos would cost me,i realized that could be a scam.No genuine model agency makes you pay for photos,etc at all.I went to my bank today to cancel my debit card,cancelled train tickets and gave them a call just to get my £50back.The guy who phoned me yesterday then put me through the financial department(a lady who yesterday played the role of manager)and agreed to refund me the money back.As i cancelled my card before this phone call i hope to get my refund through.Thanks Heavens i didnt sign anything!They make you confirm that you have read the whole porfolio/contract and didnt do that either or taking my boy to London for a 4hour shoot that would have ended in me paying a lot of money.The whole thing is a shame for genuine talent/beauty out there as we can not trust model agencies anymore.I wonder if the solution is to go to the Top ones(Elite,Premier,etc) and give them a go.I hope all of you manage to get the money back.
Reply 91
hey did you find out anything?
Reply 92
Original post by mel909
hey did you find out anything?

Got my money refunded the day after but then a week later the same lady called me to remind me of my appointment???I told her she cancelled already and got my money back.It felt like they are pushing you to go even if they confirm the cancelled appointment.All very weird.Thanks God i googled them before atending the photo shoot.Be careful people and dont pay anything in advance.
Xenon Model is a scam! Took my son there to have a photo shoot after paying a refundable £50 deposit (provided you turn up). We spent all afternoon there more waiting than picture taking and at the end we were seen in a small room, showed stunning pictures of my son on the front cover of a magazine and told he had been shortlisted out of 260 people to do a shooting for Armani Junior that would pay £3.4k in just over 3 weeks. Then straight after that we were confronted with expensive web based portfolio packages we had to get prior to going ahead ranging from£3,800 to £8,500. Signing the contract with Armani junior depending on us opting and paying for one of the web based portfolio! As we said we could not afford even the smallest package, the guy emphasised how much potential my son had and how he didn’t want to see it being wasted and asked how much we could do! I was very uncomfortable with the all thing by this point and just wanted out but he kept on insisting to the point of saying he was prepared to put £3,300 on smallest package meaning we would only have to pay £500 and we would not have to pay him back!! Weird! He used a lot of emotional language and almost accused me of not believing in my son! After I told him of my now suspicion on them being legitimate he finally gave up and saw he was getting nowhere. I was told my deposit would be refunded as a reverse payment. I’m now waiting to see this happen. I further read reviews and realised what scammer they are! Gutted but glad I realised in time.
Reply 94
Yeah I did I paid themMoney.What shouldI do does anyone can helpMe?
Ask for your money back as there is a 14 day cooling off period.If they refuse to refund the money,contact your back as they can charge back the money to you and then chase the company for their money
Reply 96
I read briefly the thread, one of the people behind xenon models is none other than Chelsea Singh,(big brother celebrity reject). I would be careful about going to their office to claim your money back as he usually has heavy's with him. this is coming from someone who worked for this organization for about 2 weeks and realized I wasn't going to get paid.No career will take off from working with them. one of his buddies who goes under the name mike or daniel or multiple other alias' is a small-time club owner from Malta. They operate from a pub in Marylebone.21a devonshire street.W1g6pd.his number is 35677772562.
Wait today ?? I came for a shoot today and I passed and they said that . At about 4pm

Yep I did go that day. I think most of us do pass. And when they were speaking it was likee they'd get cross if I said it was too expensive because it's not a "fee", it's an "investment" , they said. So ****ed off with them. So ****ed off with myself for being so stupid.
Original post by Theeredmist
Yep I did go that day. I think most of us do pass. And when they were speaking it was likee they'd get cross if I said it was too expensive because it's not a "fee", it's an "investment" , they said. So ****ed off with them. So ****ed off with myself for being so stupid.

The are always other companies out there that wont lie to you.
Anyone know anything about an agency called Cassandra Welthe?

Quick Reply

Latest