The Student Room Group

LSE MSc in Management and Strategy vs Imperial MSc in Management

Here is my situation.
I have received offers from LSE MSc in Management and Strategy (I was rejected from the MSc in Management which was my first option) and Imperial College Business School (MSc in Management).
I have 10 days left to choose, but I am not sure about which option take. I think LSE has a much better brand, and its community will be more developed so I will have the opportunity to build a more interesting network, but I am not very convinced about the content of the programme (it was my 2nd option), because it has very few courses, and does not allow to take many electives. Basically this program focuses on strategy and solving business problems by using economics approach.

On the other side, Imperial Business School has not such a good reputation (in the field of management), but I really like the structure of the program and the wide range of courses, besides they offer other interesting perks such as the consulting project or the International business trip).

Upon my graduation, I plan to apply to management consulting jobs, so studying strategy can be really useful, but I must confess that I would like to broaden my knowladge of other fields such as corporate finance or accounting, because IB is another field that I really find interesting.

What do you think I should do? Should I put the name of the school over the content of the program? or Otherwise I should pick the best program.
Hi Mike,
I am in the exact same position right now.
How did you decide in the end?
Regards, Verena
Honestly both schools will give you the same opportunities.

Nonetheless, if your absolute goal is to break into strategy consulting, you should pick MSc Management and Strategy, otherwise, you should choose MSc Management, which is more general and where you would learn more (with the possibility to work in strategy consulting still).

Moreover, I would recommend picking the program where you think you will achieve the most in terms of academics and extra-curriculars (clubs, international exposure, etc...). These are great schools and MScs, going from there, you would have to make the difference.

Best,

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending