The Student Room Group

Hair dye... thing

Hiya everyone!
This ones a bit different than usual lol :smile:

So I’ve said in the past I wanted to change my appearance more, and one of my thoughts was dying my hair! Typically though, my hair isn’t really suited for it =/
Currently my hair is short, about 2-3.5 inches long and my fringe is only about 2 inches long. I really like having longer hair but my grandparents always say I look “scruffy” and “you look like a tramp” =(

Anyway, my hair is very thick, and usually quite tough/wirey. Oh, and it’s black, well, technically it’s dark brown, but it looks jet black now.

Well, I haven’t a clue what I should do. I know I want to grow my hair out a lot more then dye it, but my grandparents constantly insult and jeer at me if I do. Btw I’ve never dyed my hair before, and the longest I’ve grown my hair is to about eye level.
don't you think you should talk to your parents about it?

I want to dye my hair too (it's about 11.5 inches) and it's also black-like-brown and thick and glossy. I love my natural hair colour but I want to dye streaks of red at the end. My dad isn't very supportive but my mom says yes (if I pass my A-Levels:s-smilie:)
Original post by Jack065
Hiya everyone!
This ones a bit different than usual lol :smile:

So I’ve said in the past I wanted to change my appearance more, and one of my thoughts was dying my hair! Typically though, my hair isn’t really suited for it =/
Currently my hair is short, about 2-3.5 inches long and my fringe is only about 2 inches long. I really like having longer hair but my grandparents always say I look “scruffy” and “you look like a tramp” =(

Anyway, my hair is very thick, and usually quite tough/wirey. Oh, and it’s black, well, technically it’s dark brown, but it looks jet black now.

Well, I haven’t a clue what I should do. I know I want to grow my hair out a lot more then dye it, but my grandparents constantly insult and jeer at me if I do. Btw I’ve never dyed my hair before, and the longest I’ve grown my hair is to about eye level.
Original post by SnowPotato_

I want to dye my hair too (it's about 11.5 inches) and it's also black-like-brown and thick and glossy. I love my natural hair colour but I want to dye streaks of red at the end. My dad isn't very supportive but my mom says yes (if I pass my A-Levels:s-smilie:)

Why should they speak to their parents about it?

OP, what colour do you want to dye it?
if grandparents are bothering, I'd suppose talking to parents is a healthy option.

I wanna dye my hair red :smile:
Original post by bones-mccoy
Why should they speak to their parents about it?

OP, what colour do you want to dye it?
if grandparents are bothering, I'd suppose talking to parents is a healthy option.

I wanna dye my hair red :smile:

Depends how old OP is tbh
yeah but if grandparents are that tough on OP, I don't think they'd be that old

Original post by bones-mccoy
Depends how old OP is tbh

Good idea ^_^ thanks

Quick Reply

Latest