AfroHarold
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by SweetRobin)
Morning

You’ll get an email saying that your Pre-employment checks have been completed, it will also give information about further steps etc. Unfortunately it is a long drawn out process and the wait can be very frustrating.
The pre-employment checks are just baseline vetting. The SC vetting comes after the pre-employment checks.
Babble95
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Morning

You’ll get an email saying that your Pre-employment checks have been completed, it will also give information about further steps etc. Unfortunately it is a long drawn out process and the wait can be very frustrating.
Did you decide what you were doing re job offer? I start Nottingham 2nd December so just working my notice now.
SweetRobin
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Babble95)
Did you decide what you were doing re job offer? I start Nottingham 2nd December so just working my notice now.
I’ve accepted the compliance caseworker post and start at Nottingham on 25 November - so also working my notice (it’s dragging!). Still unsure if It’s the right choice though - the Criminal Investigator post appeals to me so much.......
Babble95
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I’ve accepted the compliance caseworker post and start at Nottingham on 25 November - so also working my notice (it’s dragging!). Still unsure if It’s the right choice though - the Criminal Investigator post appeals to me so much.......
Shame, but understand the timings didn’t seem to be working for you. I’ve worked it so I’ve a couple weeks break before I start but you’ll already be hard at it by time I start. Good luck in new position.
OnceUponAStudent
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by AfroHarold)
I’ve also been successful in applying for this position. In terms of vetting, do HMRC contact you to let you know the outcome? I have noticed on the vetting website my status has changed from ‘in progress’ to ‘completed’ but I’ve not heard anything back yet.
Someone will email you the outcome once the decision is made. Completed doesn't mean decision made.
SweetRobin
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Quick timeline for reference :

26/03/19 -Application
16/05/19 - Interview
03/07/19 - Provisional Offer
26/09/19 - Security Clearance Approved
26/09/19 - Formal Offer
20/04/19 - start date
SweetRobin
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Is anyone attending the welcome morning in Nottingham on Friday?
VIN88
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I am still yet to attend. What does the morning consist of?
isabellasparks
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Anyone on here been put on a reserve list for Manchester ?
SweetRobin
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by VIN88)
I am still yet to attend. What does the morning consist of?
It was a meet and greet morning, where they gave an insight into the role. It was certainly worth the visit and made my mind up that I’m dropping from my current HO role to take this in April 😊
SweetRobin
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Babble95)
Shame, but understand the timings didn’t seem to be working for you. I’ve worked it so I’ve a couple weeks break before I start but you’ll already be hard at it by time I start. Good luck in new position.
How’s it going?
LAM-BAM
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Anybody going to the meet and greet in Salford tomorrow? I haven't had access to e-mails all week so I'm paranoid it may have been cancelled or re-scheduled. If anybody knows can they shed any light on this please?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever accessed mental health support services at University?

Yes (48)
24.37%
No, but I have thought about it (55)
27.92%
No (94)
47.72%

Watched Threads