The Student Room Group

HMRC - Criminal Investigator 2019

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone know what kind of range of dates is offered to interviewees? Is there a two week window or what?
Has anyone else been invited to interview yet?
I emailed CS recruitment today and they have said it’ll be up to 6 weeks from the closing date before interview invites are issued...... perhaps that was for Nottingham vacancies?
I’ve just been able to book my interview. I was given a choice of days between 29th April and 3rd May, and various timeslots. That’s for Ipswich though.
Original post by objectpermanence
Does anyone know what kind of range of dates is offered to interviewees? Is there a two week window or what?
Wow - good luck with the interview prep 🤞🏻
Original post by rustybarnet
I’ve just been able to book my interview. I was given a choice of days between 29th April and 3rd May, and various timeslots. That’s for Ipswich though.
Reply 64
After I enquiring when I should expect to hear back regarding interview I received the following;

The applications for the Criminal Investigator roles are
currently being sifted by the Vacancy Holder and due to the volume of
applications that have been received we are advising that the time period for
sifting and interviewing is now 6 weeks after the vacancy has closed.

The vacancy closed on the 31st March which will make next Wednesday 1 month and if this is to also include interviews, as this email suggests, I expect to hear by next week at the very latest. Although, I feel we will find out by the end of tomorrow. Good luck everyone.

'If' I make it to interview if anyone has some good tips in regard to competency style interviewing share!
I’ve just had my interview invitation 😊
Reply 66
Congratulations, and good luck! I am still waiting for mine, fingers crossed.
Original post by SweetRobin
I’ve just had my interview invitation 😊
Reply 67
Fantastic news! Well done! What location is it if you don't mind me asking? I'm constantly checking but nothing yet.
Nottingham - There are lots and lots of time slots between 3rd and 17 May 😳
Original post by Jimmyb7
Fantastic news! Well done! What location is it if you don't mind me asking? I'm constantly checking but nothing yet.
They must be having an admin day today, I’ve just had another invite to a HO Compliance post I applied for in December 😳
I hadnt got an email, but just checked online and it says unsuccessful 😔 I wished they would give you a reason why! Then you would know more what they are looking for.
I’m gutted for you, have they given you feedback from the sift?
Original post by Katieljbrown
I hadnt got an email, but just checked online and it says unsuccessful 😔 I wished they would give you a reason why! Then you would know more what they are looking for.
No, no feedback because apparenlty they upped the CSJT test so my 62% wasnt good enough. Would still have liked to know my score on the competency example :/
Original post by SweetRobin
I’m gutted for you, have they given you feedback from the sift?
Reply 73
:frown: Thats so annoying. I scored badly on my SJT test... argh guess thats a no for me too. Do you mind me asking what location did you apply for?
Original post by Katieljbrown
I hadnt got an email, but just checked online and it says unsuccessful 😔 I wished they wOuld give you a reason why! Then you would know more what they are looking for.
I applied for London, Reading, Cardiff and Bristol
Original post by Buyu
:frown: Thats so annoying. I scored badly on my SJT test... argh guess thats a no for me too. Do you mind me asking what location did you apply for?
Hey Guys, just wanted to jump on this thread and say hi! I too applied for a post in Bristol and have been invited for Interview. Does anyone know what sort of questions I’m going to face and how best to prepare for a CS interview? Massssive thanks in advance!
Reply 76
Hello everyone, I am echoing the above, just booked my interview for Bristol - very nerve racking! Any tips or advice much appreciated.Good luck everyone!!
What dates for interview were you offered, if you don't mind me asking?
There were 4 time options (10am, 11.30, 13.30 and 15.00) across 2 weeks of mon-thur from 13th May. Plenty of options were available! 😀
Original post by objectpermanence
What dates for interview were you offered, if you don't mind me asking?
Thanks.

As for interview prep, I've never had a civil service interview but i've gone through threads for past campaigns. These are some excerpts that I have saved in a notepad file:

Interview Prep HMRC

Typical civil service interview. Know your competencies inside out (i.e expect to talk about them ALOT) and try to have back up examples in case you miss a point.

The way the interview works is that they have your competencies and scores on hand and they expect you to use those same competencies and improve your scores. You can use other competencies than what you used in your applicationl, but it's definitely not as safe to do so. You'll not go down in score unless your interview is a complete disaster. You have a baseline from the application and it's your job to expand in the interview.

Questions were as expected really. One for each competency and they told you which one was for which. They weren’t trying to trick you at all and then asked generic why do you want the job/what skills at the end of the interview

There is also an added scenario at interview that is not covered in the application form, if you are ex forces or police and are surveillance trained then you will be ok. If not then just use some common sense!

Best of luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending