The Student Room Group

discrimination in Czech / Poland universities

Hello everyone
I am sending my daughter, who is an Arab Muslim girl, to either Palacky/Masaryk in Czech or Gdansk/Wroclaw in Poland to study medicine there.

Is she going to face any type of discrimination? I need advice from current students please.

I know discrimination to a certain level is everywhere, but some countries are more open than others.

One more thing:
I hear there is high number of dropouts in Masaryk University. is this true? If yes why?

Please advise.
thank you
(edited 5 years ago)
Any ideas ?
I'm currently applying for Masaryk as well. I'm a Muslim male. In terms of dropouts, I was told by Ben from Medical Doorway that the dropout rate is either exaggerated by agencies posting on TSR or because German/Israeli students return to their hometown.

In terms of discrimination etc., I haven't been so I can't say for sure but I know there is a Muslim community and a Masjid in Brno near Masaryk university which has been there since the 80's I think which could be a good sign although can't say for sure.
Original post by Yousef.Ahmed
Hello everyone
I am sending my daughter, who is an Arab Muslim girl, to either Palacky/Masaryk in Czech or Gdansk/Wroclaw in Poland to study medicine there.

Is she going to face any type of discrimination? I need advice from current students please.

I know discrimination to a certain level is everywhere, but some countries are more open than others.

One more thing:
I hear there is high number of dropouts in Masaryk University. is this true? If yes why?

Please advise.
thank you
Also, have you received any confirmation from Masaryk?
Original post by Yousef.Ahmed
Any ideas ?

Quick Reply

Latest