discrimination in Czech / Poland universities Watch

Yousef.Ahmed
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hello everyone
I am sending my daughter, who is an Arab Muslim girl, to either Palacky/Masaryk in Czech or Gdansk/Wroclaw in Poland to study medicine there.

Is she going to face any type of discrimination? I need advice from current students please.

I know discrimination to a certain level is everywhere, but some countries are more open than others.

One more thing:
I hear there is high number of dropouts in Masaryk University. is this true? If yes why?

Please advise.
thank you
Last edited by Yousef.Ahmed; 2 months ago
Yousef.Ahmed
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Any ideas ?
ZainZakariyya
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm currently applying for Masaryk as well. I'm a Muslim male. In terms of dropouts, I was told by Ben from Medical Doorway that the dropout rate is either exaggerated by agencies posting on TSR or because German/Israeli students return to their hometown.

In terms of discrimination etc., I haven't been so I can't say for sure but I know there is a Muslim community and a Masjid in Brno near Masaryk university which has been there since the 80's I think which could be a good sign although can't say for sure.
(Original post by Yousef.Ahmed)
Hello everyone
I am sending my daughter, who is an Arab Muslim girl, to either Palacky/Masaryk in Czech or Gdansk/Wroclaw in Poland to study medicine there.

Is she going to face any type of discrimination? I need advice from current students please.

I know discrimination to a certain level is everywhere, but some countries are more open than others.

One more thing:
I hear there is high number of dropouts in Masaryk University. is this true? If yes why?

Please advise.
thank you
ZainZakariyya
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Also, have you received any confirmation from Masaryk?
(Original post by Yousef.Ahmed)
Any ideas ?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of West London
    Undergraduate Open Day - West London Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (340)
15.73%
The paper was reasonable (1173)
54.28%
Not feeling great about that exam... (467)
21.61%
It was TERRIBLE (181)
8.38%

Watched Threads