maddiehicklin
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi, I'm doing AQA psychology A Level. Does anyone have any predictions about what may come up as 16 markers in paper one? Or for: forensics, relationships, schizophrenia or approaches?
Afterlife?
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I personally think the examiners get wet for comparison essays where they want you to discuss 2 or more sections rather than just the 1. For example they give you a little sentence and be like Outline the biological approach and discuss in comparison with at least one other approach and you have to say which one is better/worse. Or maybe Discuss at least 2 factors affecting attraction or Discuss explanations for Schizo or Outline one or more factors affecting obedience. And for issues and debates they might ask you something like Discuss two or more examples of culture bias in psychological studies or Outline some examples of reductionism in psychological research, and discuss arguments for and against reductionist explanations.
Tbh im most scared about issues and debates as I hate those 'discuss and reference the statement above' questions and in issues and debates they have the most confusing ones
Last edited by Afterlife?; 2 years ago
maddiehicklin
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
ok thank you! any predictions on paper one? i know we can sort of only go off what’s come up last couple of years so trying to work out what they haven’t done yet etc in terms of 16 markers!
(Original post by Afterlife?)
I personally think the examiners get wet for comparison essays where they want you to discuss 2 or more sections rather than just the 1. For example they give you a little sentence and be like Outline the biological approach and discuss in comparison with at least one other approach and you have to say which one is better/worse. Or maybe Discuss at least 2 factors affecting attraction or Discuss explanations for Schizo or Outline one or more factors affecting obedience. And for issues and debates they might ask you something like Discuss two or more examples of culture bias in psychological studies or Outline some examples of reductionism in psychological research, and discuss arguments for and against reductionist explanations.
Tbh im most scared about issues and debates as I hate those 'discuss and reference the statement above' questions and in issues and debates they have the most confusing ones
guesswhat221
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I personally believe but I could be wrong that for social influence these topics may come up.
Normative and informational social influence
Zimbardo
Two explanations of obedience
Outline and evaluate the authoritarian personality
Minority influence
Social change
And for memory
MSM
Long term memory
Explanation for forgetting
Anxiety and EWT
Cognitive interview
I’m currently seeing for the next 2 topics
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I don't want to decide until I've received all my offers (75)
38.07%
I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (31)
15.74%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something in the world changes (ie. pandemic-related) (9)
4.57%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (20)
10.15%
I still have more questions before I made my decision (22)
11.17%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (21)
10.66%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (19)
9.64%

Watched Threads