The Student Room Group
Years 0-10: great. fab. excellent. enjoyable. interesting. easy. fun.

Years 11-13: crap. crap. crap.

Poll Option #5
Reply 2
burn it too the ground :biggrin: with all the teachers inside :biggrin: :tsr:
Reply 3
it's okay i guess- life is pretty easy.....but it's quite boring
good thing most of my days are short :smile:
I think school is fab,especially upper sixth. Its not like we are under any real pressure, things will be far harder at uni- with all the nasty practical things like cooking,money and washing. At least at school I know whats what.
Im going for supper now.
I used to hate school up until about half way through year 10. Now i love it.
Reply 6
Mrs Rickman
I used to hate school up until about half way through year 10. Now i love it.

school is fab :eek: are you drunk? What is so fab about sitting at a desk writing and listening for 6 hours :confused:
Reply 7
School is pretty fantastic if you think about it. Its safe and fun and fairly easy. 6th form is harder but you can pretty much get away with anything. I do like the social side of school but Im leaving. Right in the middle of my A levels :redface: :biggrin:
Reply 8
Thinking about it, both college and school is/was a doss, especially school, you got away with anything, no work whatsoever etc College is slightly harder, a bit more work, but they're both still amazing. :smile: Boring, but the fact you have no responsbility, you can do what you want, is good.
PublicSchoolAnn
They are meant to be the best days of out lives. What do you think of school?

School is so lame. :frown:
Reply 10
I really like my subjects and most of my teachers, I just hate my school. It is run like a business thinking only of its A level and GCSE pass rate, caring nothing for individual students. Now we have Ofsted coming up, they have suddenly pretended to care a little more..
SCHOOL SUCKS! If i could leave right now i would...infact..i want to leave when i'm 16 but my mum wont let me until i've sat my highers. :frown:
Reply 12
FaerieLand
I really like my subjects and most of my teachers, I just hate my school. It is run like a business thinking only of its A level and GCSE pass rate, caring nothing for individual students. Now we have Ofsted coming up, they have suddenly pretended to care a little more..

Yeh, exactly the same with me. I guess thats part of the reason why im leaving early and not finishing A levels. Our school is in a bit of a state and only thinks about making money and having good pass rates. Unfortunately though I think our school got one of the lowest percentage rates of passes for gcse's last year so they arent really suceeding.
Reply 13
VixenIW
Yeh, exactly the same with me. I guess thats part of the reason why im leaving early and not finishing A levels. Our school is in a bit of a state and only thinks about making money and having good pass rates. Unfortunately though I think our school got one of the lowest percentage rates of passes for gcse's last year so they arent really suceeding.

is there not another school you could transfer to in your area, or not worth sticking it out at yours? It seems a shame to have to quit. Our school appears reasonable from the outside reputation, its just when you get it close the cracks appear. To be fair, they have a serious funding problem but honestly, a bunch of illiterate 6 year olds could do better
Reply 14
SiAnY

Poll Option #5

ditto.
Reply 15
Satanists have such a bad rep.
Reply 16
FaerieLand
is there not another school you could transfer to in your area, or not worth sticking it out at yours? It seems a shame to have to quit. Our school appears reasonable from the outside reputation, its just when you get it close the cracks appear. To be fair, they have a serious funding problem but honestly, a bunch of illiterate 6 year olds could do better

Well truth be told im not doing to great anyway so im going to earn lots of money then im going out to turkey next summer for the season :biggrin:
SiAnY

Poll Option #5

My experience has been completely different.

Up to Year 10, teachers are nasty, kids pick on you and you get loads of homework.

Year 11 and up - believe it or not, we get much less homework. Plus the teachers act like they're your mates and the bullies have matured or dropped out.
Reply 18
I hated school and treated each day with caution. People used to get beaten up randomly in the corridors, things were always thrown around, lights would flicker on and off, the cold winter mornings made life hell and most teachers couldn't control the class. At break, gangs would randomly approach people and ask for fights. School was hell. I didn't even know what a GCSE was until the final few weeks.

The GCSE retakes and A-level years were good. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending