Modelling management agency Watch

teequa
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Malaika saif)
How did you know that they’re scam??
My personal experience with MOMCO and Online Booking Team has been horrible. Unprofessional and unserious.
LorryForry
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I know they are a scam because they tell everyone the same thing. The studio (in my case, Malibu) invite you to a test shoot to see if you have what it takes to be a model. The set-up wasn’t great at the studio. They kept people waiting ages. Following photos, at the interview came the lies and the request for money. Even after I turned down the Rose, Silver and Gold packages to be managed, having supposedly been selected as one of 2 people out of 200 applications - they still passed my details to MOMCO to try to get me to sign up. There are lots of reviews online about tactics used by these people as modelling management platforms. The Guardian newspaper warned about them. Reputable agencies won’t ask for money from you at a test shoot. They make money once you’re earning. It didn’t feel right at all to have to pay. Also - they told me that they had put me forward to 3 agencies and 2 were interested. Agencies aren’t generally open at weekends. Don’t give them your money!
Babablade
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Morning allI am so sorry to hear about bad experience had. I took my 3 yr old son to M Models in Salford Manchester. Suspected lots due to immature staff etc. We arrived early for shoot and my son was photographed second. I saw many women arrive with babies and young people to. Many people who arrived after us were seen and left looking disheartened. I thought A. Not accepted. B comes later. My son and I eventually went in. Great pics of him etc. He is charming and a character; very photogenic! I was told they sent his pictures to agents and he could quickly be offered work. Wait for it! Then the wammi! I would have to pay for a portfolio £400 to £1,000 I asked her professional opinion given photos looked so good. She suggested £400 and the more work he gets his portfolio grows at no cost. I said I would think about and discuss with my wife. Here it is B. These people were downhearted as they were told to pay for portfolio! I wished I had spoken to the woman in the car park putting her child in the car seat! This morning I got an email from MOMCO! I will make some enquires and insist my child,'s photos are destroyed or sent to.me as (I am in the profession of protecting children) I don't want hus pictures on any illicit sires and threaten them!Comments very welcome!
Alice Quigley
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Was Approach by this company is this a scam
Model_Image
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Alice Quigley)
Was Approach by this company is this a scam
100% a scam.
look at all the treads related to this
Minion19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
So just had bank agree to do a chargeback and credit amount. Anyone had any experience with the scammers trying to argue the chargeback?
Blessngo
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I just had the same experience yesterday with them concerning my daughter's modeling. I paid £99 and now I'm thinking I have been scammed.
teequa
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
They are scammers go to Trustpilot and write your awful experience with them. We have to proof people to not go on these websites.

https://www.trustpilot.co.uk
(a website for verified, certified and official reviews)

Name:  A5B7DD6E-5A1D-444C-8710-D170D27E7F09.jpeg
Views: 2
Size:  110.0 KBName:  15379A7A-F9B7-4A49-A967-70D4D0F0C509.png
Views: 3
Size:  345.0 KB
Jessicalaldred
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Hi did you get a response? I think I’m now a victim to this scam. Bought the portfolio yesterday apparently was the only baby to go through that day then googled the companies that have ‘accepted’ her and they all seem to be scams x
Blessngo
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
I didn't get any response again from them. They have taken my money and I have messaged the person that I was speaking with but he never replied to my messages to let me know if there is any other thing we need to do. Real scammers.
Jessicalaldred
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
I have emailed MOMCO to let them know I will not be proceeding with them and to take my daughters details off their register as I am fully aware that they are scammers and they’ve sent me a snotty response saying they have declined my application 😂 how do these people sleep at night?
teequa
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
FILE A DISPUTE!

Please, please, please file a dispute with your bank or claim it as stolen or lost and someone has used your card.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

It is really important for me to be involved in helping make my university better

Strongly disagree (2)
14.29%
Disagree (0)
0%
Neither agree or disagree (3)
21.43%
Agree (5)
35.71%
Strongly Agree (4)
28.57%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise