The Student Room Group

Living with parents but it's also my own home

Whilst at university, I'll be living with my mum, but I'll be paying half of the rent and half of all of the bills so that it's a fair spilt between us. So when asked whether I'll be living with my parents or in my own home, which should I select?If I say that I'm living with my parents, does that mean that it assumes that I do not pay rent and bills? And as we would not be able to keep the house if I did not pay a sufficient amount of money, does this mean that my mum is financially dependent on me, despite earning more than the £3796 a year?
Original post by Kath1010
Whilst at university, I'll be living with my mum, but I'll be paying half of the rent and half of all of the bills so that it's a fair spilt between us. So when asked whether I'll be living with my parents or in my own home, which should I select?If I say that I'm living with my parents, does that mean that it assumes that I do not pay rent and bills? And as we would not be able to keep the house if I did not pay a sufficient amount of money, does this mean that my mum is financially dependent on me, despite earning more than the £3796 a year?

Hi Kath,

According to the information you confirmed in your posy above, you are living with your parent and not away from parental home/elsewhere.

If your mum has an income of over £3,796 then she would not be considered your dependent.

Kind regards,
Shahrzad

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending