ellaelisabeth1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Which university film course is better and why?
Last edited by ellaelisabeth1; 5 months ago
goodvibes-only
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
i applied to both courses and i guess the most obvious difference is that the middlesex course is extremely practical whereas westminster is both practical and theory (i think 50/50)
(Original post by ellaelisabeth1)
ellaelisabeth1
Rep:
?
Which one did you get into/go to?
(Original post by goodvibes-only)
i applied to both courses and i guess the most obvious difference is that the middlesex course is extremely practical whereas westminster is both practical and theory (i think 50/50)
goodvibes-only
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
i've applied for this year and i withdrew my westminster application when i came to the decision that i wanted a practical filmmaking course. i've gotten into middlesex, uca, hertfordshire and sae institute and now have to make my choice wby
Which one did you get into/go to?
benwhite13
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
which is higher on league tables
Middlesex University
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hi ellaelisabeth1,

Thanks for your question, it's great you are interested in studying Film at Middlesex.

Our Film BA degree aims to help you make your mark on the moving image. Our experienced staff will help develop your creative and technical skills in industry-standard facilities.You'll learn skills and knowledge in our practical film course. Collaborate with other students guided by experienced filmmakers and follow your passions in your final-year project, which can include writing and directing your own film.

If you want to find out more we have a undergraduate virtual experience event on April 3rd, where you can join us online to speak to academics, and current students about life at Middlesex and find out more about the course. You can book here: https://www.mdx.ac.uk/events/2019/04...ual-experience.

We hope to see you there!

If you have any more questions about studying at Middlesex let me know .

Maddie
ellaelisabeth1
Rep:
?
I think i'm gonna go to middlesex too, i've got a conditional offer from them. I was just a bit concerned that they didn't call anyone for interview and just give people offers based on personal statement, without seeing their actual work.. just seems a bit odd and worrying. Feels like they'd just let anyone in, which makes me think its not a great course, idk tho, probs overthinking it
i've applied for this year and i withdrew my westminster application when i came to the decision that i wanted a practical filmmaking course. i've gotten into middlesex, uca, hertfordshire and sae institute and now have to make my choice wby
ellaelisabeth1
Rep:
?
Hello, thank you for the reply! I have just been quite concerned that I was not called for interview and just given a conditional offer based on personal statement, without anyone seeing my work. Makes me think you just let anyone in and its not a great course...
(Original post by Middlesex University)
Hi ellaelisabeth1,

Thanks for your question, it's great you are interested in studying Film at Middlesex.

Our Film BA degree aims to help you make your mark on the moving image. Our experienced staff will help develop your creative and technical skills in industry-standard facilities.You'll learn skills and knowledge in our practical film course. Collaborate with other students guided by experienced filmmakers and follow your passions in your final-year project, which can include writing and directing your own film.

If you want to find out more we have a undergraduate virtual experience event on April 3rd, where you can join us online to speak to academics, and current students about life at Middlesex and find out more about the course. You can book here: https://www.mdx.ac.uk/events/2019/04...ual-experience.

We hope to see you there!

If you have any more questions about studying at Middlesex let me know .

Maddie
University of Hertfordshire
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hi goodvibes-only Congrats on your offer from Herts! :yy:We know deciding which university to choose is a big decision so let us help you out by telling you more about us!

Our Film and TV programme is a Creative Skillsets accredited course. Industry sponsors include BBC, ITV, Avid, Warner Bros, BFI, Elstree Studios to name but a few. We are also proud winners of prestigious Royal Television Society London Student Awards for Best Drama 2015 and Best Sound Craft Award 2016, as well as being nominated for Best Documentary 2014, 2015 and Best Entertainment Programme 2016. The Elstree Project since its beginning in 2010, has taken over 40 Herts students who have been crew members on interview shoots with veterans from the film and television industry at the studios of Elstree and Borehamwood . At Herts we also offer £1000 each year on successful application for three years plus student membership of the Royal Television Society and membership of the Hospital Club in London’s Covent Garden – a private club popular with media professionals. Students are also offered the opportunity to become Blackmagic DaVinci Resolve accredited before completing their degree :thumbsup:. There’s more! Have a look here for further details the course and for an overview of our facilities here.

Besides we have societies such as Film Makers Society and Film society which you can be a part of and meet fellow film enthusiasts and make new friends! If you’d like any further detail and we will get right back to you! Hopefully, this will be helpful and ease you into making your mind up!

Best wishes,
Chirasree
Last edited by University of Hertfordshire; 5 months ago
Middlesex University
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hello, thank you for the reply! I have just been quite concerned that I was not called for interview and just given a conditional offer based on personal statement, without anyone seeing my work. Makes me think you just let anyone in and its not a great course...
Hi ellaelisabeth1, thanks for your message. We'd like to reassure you that our programme leaders are very thorough in assessing applications. They are looking at relevant grades and also each student's interests and passions shown in their personal statement to see if the course is right for them. Middlesex is ranked 1st in London and 3rd in the UK for Film production and Photography (2019 Guardian League Tables) and is very well regarded. If you want to check out some of our amazing current students work you can go to our course page (student work) and see the sort of thing you will be doing here https://www.mdx.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/film. We hope to see you in September!

Maddie
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (220)
23.63%
Pop (231)
24.81%
Jazz (35)
3.76%
Classical (56)
6.02%
Hip-Hop (174)
18.69%