Home Office quotes Bible verses to prove Christianity is not a religion of peace Watch

AJ126
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Leviathan1611)
I call them community church Christians. if you're gonna call yourself Christian, believe the whole Bible and stop cherry picking and disagreeing with it all the time acting like you know better than the God who made you as if it's optional.

yes I think they are unaware, they have this idea that God loves everyone, and not hate, no judging, some will even dare to say that Christ Jesus said "hate the sin love the sinner" (it was ghandi who said that). the majority of them haven't even read their Bible cover to cover yet they wanna school you on what the Bible 'really' says.
They cherry pick the bible which is hypocritical however there is a reason they do it.And that's simply because if they didn't then they'd end up condoning things that most people think are wrong.Which says a lot really.Clearly most people have a sense of morality which is stronger than gods own.
Leviathan1611
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by AJ126)
They cherry pick the bible which is hypocritical however there is a reason they do it.And that's simply because if they didn't then they'd end up condoning things that most people think are wrong.Which says a lot really.Clearly most people have a sense of morality which is stronger than gods own.
the reason they cherry pick is because 1) they want to enjoy their sin without guilt or 2) they're spiritually weak in the sense that they're to afraid to endure people attacking them and mocking them. they'd rather have the world's approval that God's approval.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Fullofsurprises
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I have to say, the concept of a British civil service dept quoting Leviticus as justification for policy rulings has to be one of the most extreme examples of the infiltration of whackjobs into our national structures that I've recently come across.

Presumably this is someone in an outsourced service they are using, in which case, you have to ask, where is the supervision or contract management?

Either way, both idiotic and disturbing at the same time.
AJ126
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
the reason they cherry pick is because 1) they want to enjoy their sin without guilt or 2) they're spiritually weak in the sense that they're to afraid to endure people attacking them and mocking them. they'd rather have the world's approval that God's approval.
If gods approval means doing things like keeping slaves then he can do one quite frankly.
Leviathan1611
Rep:
?
(Original post by AJ126)
If gods approval means doing things like keeping slaves then he can do one quite frankly.
when did God command us to own slaves? if you want God's approval, my advice is to 1) believe on his Son Jesus Christ alone to save you and not trust in your own works, and 2) Fear God and keep his commandments.
AJ126
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
when did God command us to own slaves? if you want God's approval, my advice is to 1) believe on his Son Jesus Christ alone to save you and not trust in your own works, and 2) Fear God and keep his commandments.
In the new testament.God says slaves should obey their masters.You can deduce from this that he has no problem with slavery.
He also says women should be silent and accept a man's authority.
Onde
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by JaJa18796)
No they are not. Think about it like this, God created this whole universe just for us and we saw that it was good. It was perfect.
But then sin got in and the world was under a curse. And humans continued to sin even though he warned them not to. Now if vengeance and violence and brutishness are not wrong if they are done in righteousness and God is without sin so he does all this in righteousness. But we are not righteous so our vengeance is sinful and not right
The focus should be on rehabilitation, not revenge. This is a great part of the reason why we live in the most peaceful time in history.

If we are God's flawed pots, then if anything, the potter should be to blame, not the pots.
Leviathan1611
Rep:
?
(Original post by AJ126)
In the new testament.God says slaves should obey their masters.You can deduce from this that he has no problem with slavery.
He also says women should be silent and accept a man's authority.
yes, he has no issue with it, when done according to his law, but that's not the same as him saying, "I don't approve of you unless you go buy yourself some slaves"

he says women should keep silence in the churches and that if they will learn anything, let them ask their husbands at home, what he means is that when the pastor/preacher is preaching, the women must be silent, and if she has a question about the sermon, she should ask her husband when they get home. not "a woman must be silent at all times all her life".

a woman should accept her own husband's authority, as it is written, "wives submit yourselves unto your own husbands". I don't recall a scripture saying that a woman should submit to every man's authority. I think you meant that a woman cannot usurp the authority of a man, like, being a pastor, or some sort of leadership role, where she's telling men what to do.
Good bloke
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
As we can see here, there really isn't much difference between an extreme Mohammedan and an extreme Christian. Both want to live in ancient times and to enforce barbaric rules, that pertained then, to the modern world. And, of course, there are whole communities of Jews that also live in their little bubble.

It is amazing what superstition and fear can do to people.
BlueIndigoViolet
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
lol the Government taking swipes at a religion, when our state religion is the Church of England. Wonder if they could do the same about Judaism or Islam?
Onde
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
If Jesus was alive today, he'd be spinning in his grave.
Leviathan1611
Rep:
?
(Original post by Onde)
If Jesus was alive today, he'd be spinning in his grave.
He is alive, and He's not/and won't be spinning in a grave. but rather, He is currently seated at the right hand of God the Father in heaven.
Good bloke
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
He is alive, and He's not/and won't be spinning in a grave. but rather, He is currently seated at the right hand of God the Father in heaven.
Unfortunately, Onde lives in the real world, not your far-away fantasy land.
Leviathan1611
Rep:
?
(Original post by Good bloke)
Unfortunately, Onde lives in the real world, not your far-away fantasy land.
you'll come to realise that "fantasy land" is actually real, I hope you'll be allowed in before it's too late🙂
Obolinda
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by FinalZolution)
Talmud promotes genocide against non-Jews but you wont find any of those atheists attack them
Most atheists don't really set out to "attack people", but they may criticise religion. Many people don't know much about Judaism/don't think it's relevant to them. Nevertheless, I suppose there is provably some criticisms of Judaism out there🤷*♀️

Also note that a lot of criticisms are made towards the Abrahamic religions, as a whole.
AJ126
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
This statement is genuinely scary.I may as well just direct all questions to your priest/ teacher.I'd probably get exactly the same answers.They certainly did a good job with the brainwashing.I can "hear" their voice but it's your lips that are moving.
Leviathan1611
Rep:
?
(Original post by AJ126)
This statement is genuinely scary.I may as well just direct all questions to your priest/ teacher.I'd probably get exactly the same answers.They certainly did a good job with the brainwashing.I can "hear" their voice but it's your lips that are moving.
yeah you need a good "brainwashing" too, a brainwashing of the Holy Ghost, then your eyes can be opened to the truth.
Last edited by Leviathan1611; 4 weeks ago
Onde
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by FinalZolution)
Talmud promotes genocide against non-Jews but you wont find any of those atheists attack them
You forgot to mention the Vikings.

There are supposed to be about 2,420,000,000 Christians and 1,800,000,000 Muslims, yet you choose to mention a religion that has less than 15,000,000 followers. Why is that?
JaJa18796
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Good bloke)
As we can see here, there really isn't much difference between an extreme Mohammedan and an extreme Christian. Both want to live in ancient times and to enforce barbaric rules, that pertained then, to the modern world. And, of course, there are whole communities of Jews that also live in their little bubble.

It is amazing what superstition and fear can do to people.
Just out of curiosity what is it that made you hate this religion so much?
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Wired_1800)
This post was interesting to read. Do you still believe in the Catholic doctrine to call yourself a Catholic?

Do you think there should be a move to one global religion?
Yes.
Metaphorically speaking catholic doctrine is one very tall tree; with deep roots, a lot of branches and the potential to yield both good & bad apples.
One unique tree in a forest filled with many beautiful trees of different ages, sizes and types.
The principal catholic doctrines most people seem to focus on revolve around the four marks of the church (one, holy, catholic, apostolic), the salvation debate, sanctity of life, papal infallibility and vatican ii.
Most of those doctrines accommodate a variety of approaches ranging from liberal to traditionalist.

The fundamentalist approach doesn't really fit because of the conflict between a fundamentalist's defence of papal infallibility yet rejection of vatican ii reforms.
That is a big issue that the sedevacantist faction tend to crumble over, their response is to excommunicate anyone who disagrees with them including the pope and claim that the catholic church has been taken over by heretics since 1958.
Even traditionalists that reject vatican ii have similar problems although they do acknowledge the legitimacy of all modern popes and chose to remain in communion with the catholic church whilst simultaneous snarling abuse at "modernism".

I accept vatican ii and believe in interfaith marriage.
I'm not into the conversion agenda.
Or the accusations of "heretic"/ "false religion" so often leveled at other people with alternative viewpoints by medieval minded religious hardliners who view religious pluralism with absolute horror.
My father is a loud militant atheist; he bellows about all religion being "an evil cult that only exists to scam money and control the gullible"- anything can set him off.
Telling her family she was going to marry an atheist got my mother almost beaten to death, then disowned and disinherited.
My mother prefer political activism to religion but still believes in the abstinence movement until marriage and that abortion is wrong under all circumstances.
The catholic church does allow lifesaving abortion.

No.
I don't think that there has ever been a single organized religion in human history that was perfect, complete and all encompassing.
Not in theology, practice and structural hierarchy.
There never will be.
Too much sectarianism/xenophobia, violence, fanaticism, dishonest game playing and a lust for power amongst human beings.
Secular humanism, philosophy and history can add amazing layer of perspective when it comes to understanding religious theology and its evolution over the ages.

Almost every mainstream religion has positive elements and their faith leaders/religious scriptures offer some good advice.
Sikhism's teachings about seva which inspires many sikhs to provide free food at their gurdwara's to anyone who wants it every day.
Hinduism's respect for the natural world, wonderful celebrations and food hospitality.
Islam's meat charity and fourteen hundred year old annual welfare levy to financially provide for those most vulnerable.
Scientology's narconon drug rehabilitation program provided free of charge to drug addicts from all backgrounds.
The Amish attitude of victims offering unconditional forgiveness to the most vicious of offenders, even parents granting forgiveness to the remorseless murderers of their young children.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (453)
38%
No - but I will (89)
7.47%
No - I don't want to (83)
6.96%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (567)
47.57%

Watched Threads