The Student Room Group

Student Loan Repayment and P46?

I am currently filling out a P46, but am confused with the Student Loan section:

"If you left a course of Higher Education before last 6 April and received your first Student Loan instalment on or after 1 September 1998 and you have not fully repaid your student loan, tick box D. (If you are required to repay your Student Loan through your bank or building society account do not tick box D.)"

I am a UK resident and student and will be graduating this summer. Where would I stand in this case? And how will my student loan be repaid?

Sorry if this isn't the right place to ask. All help appreciated!
Just tell your employer that you have a student loa, they will take money from your pay. You don't really have to do anything else.
Reply 2
Original post by JohnDoughnut
Just tell your employer that you have a student loa, they will take money from your pay. You don't really have to do anything else.

But I don't know how it's scheduled to be paid. That is, if it's being paid via by bank account or from whatever paycheck I get > £25k.
Original post by Forumpy
I am currently filling out a P46, but am confused with the Student Loan section:

"If you left a course of Higher Education before last 6 April and received your first Student Loan instalment on or after 1 September 1998 and you have not fully repaid your student loan, tick box D. (If you are required to repay your Student Loan through your bank or building society account do not tick box D.)"

I am a UK resident and student and will be graduating this summer. Where would I stand in this case? And how will my student loan be repaid?

Sorry if this isn't the right place to ask. All help appreciated!

If you’re graduating this summer then you won’t have “left your course last April 6” until after April 6 2020.

Quick Reply

Latest