Languages - GCSE SPEAKING EXAM ADVICE?? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
I'm doing Japanese and French speaking for gcse. For those who've done it before, what was it like? How did you revise?
xThomas49
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I got an A at Spanish Speaking GCSE. Practice the questions they may ask you, make up your own. Show your teacher what your answers would be, and make sure your answers are correct.
linguisticcat
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Hi! I did French and Spanish GCSEs (Edexcel spec) a few years ago. If you've done mock speaking exams with your teachers it will be a very similar situation, which is what reassured me a lot as i could almost forget it was the proper exam.

To prepare I learnt my presentation thoroughly and prepared for any follow up questions that could come up based on the topic I chose. I also found a complete list of speaking questions from the exam board specification online that they could ask you, or your teacher might have given you them already. I'd recommend revising all of those questions and noting some key phrases/vocab you could use for your answers. Good luck!!
jjjjxxx
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Did your teacher assess you or an examiner?
(Original post by Janeb120)
Hi! I did French and Spanish GCSEs (Edexcel spec) a few years ago. If you've done mock speaking exams with your teachers it will be a very similar situation, which is what reassured me a lot as i could almost forget it was the proper exam.

To prepare I learnt my presentation thoroughly and prepared for any follow up questions that could come up based on the topic I chose. I also found a complete list of speaking questions from the exam board specification online that they could ask you, or your teacher might have given you them already. I'd recommend revising all of those questions and noting some key phrases/vocab you could use for your answers. Good luck!!
linguisticcat
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by jjjjxxx)
Did your teacher assess you or an examiner?
My teachers for both languages assessed me, so with an examiner it would probably be a bit more stressful haha
jjjjxxx
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
wait teachers are allowed to do that??
(Original post by Janeb120)
My teachers for both languages assessed me, so with an examiner it would probably be a bit more stressful haha
linguisticcat
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by jjjjxxx)
wait teachers are allowed to do that??
Yeah they can, it may be different for other exam boards but usually they're allowed to conduct GCSE speaking exams
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are your mock exams going?

Love them - Feeling positive (2)
10.53%
They've been reasonable (5)
26.32%
Not feeling great... (8)
42.11%
They are TERRIBLE! (4)
21.05%

Watched Threads

Latest