Sam Davidson
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I want to be an investment banker.

I'm intending to apply to Financial Mathematics and Statistics, Mathematics and Economics at LSE, Mathematics and statistics at UCL, Mathematics and statistics at King's College London and Mathematics at Queen's University Belfast (I live in Northern Ireland).

I'm hoping to use KCL as my second tier university option. Are there any other 'good' second tier universities for investment banking? How good is KCL for investment banking? Should I apply for 2 courses at LSE?
kkboyk
Badges: 21
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Sam Davidson)
I want to be an investment banker.

I'm intending to apply to Financial Mathematics and Statistics, Mathematics and Economics at LSE, Mathematics and statistics at UCL, Mathematics and statistics at King's College London and Mathematics at Queen's University Belfast (I live in Northern Ireland).

I'm hoping to use KCL as my second tier university option. Are there any other 'good' second tier universities for investment banking? How good is KCL for investment banking? Should I apply for 2 courses at LSE?
Bristol, Durham, Bath, Edinburgh, Nottingham, Exeter, CASS are all good semi-targets for IB banks. If you choose any of these you can't go wrong tbh, but you should take your preferences into consideration. If you have any questions it's best to go to the Investment Banking forum, as there are more knowledgeable members there (those who already in banking as well as students who have been applying for banking jobs).
Last edited by kkboyk; 1 year ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (207)
57.66%
I don't have everything I need (152)
42.34%

Watched Threads