The Student Room Group

OCR A Level History - Help!

I am currently in Year 13 and I am studying History. The course we study is the Y311: Origins and Growth of the British Empire. This is a very rare course and I've heard there are less than twenty schools studying it! Because of this, there is no textbook available which can be very frustrating. If anyone has studied this course - or, even better, is studying it right now - any help and direction to good revision resources would be much appreciated!
Original post by 1612mjr
I am currently in Year 13 and I am studying History. The course we study is the Y311: Origins and Growth of the British Empire. This is a very rare course and I've heard there are less than twenty schools studying it! Because of this, there is no textbook available which can be very frustrating. If anyone has studied this course - or, even better, is studying it right now - any help and direction to good revision resources would be much appreciated!

Its a bit late now to be looking for books considering its year 13.
I would follow the specifications, look at mark schemes as well.
I would just be looking on Amazon for books about the British Empire, but its all a bit late in the day.

Your other option is cobbling notes together from research and keeping to the spec. Gl in finding someone doing the same.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Cusacks-Hundred-British-1558-1858-Classic/dp/1330879287/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1553196273&sr=8-3-fkmr1&keywords=The+Origins+and+Growth+of+the+British+Empire
(edited 5 years ago)
Odd that your school doesn’t supply a textbook. Try the my revision notes one if they have it, they are great.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending