Can I still get D*D*D* overall if I get a merit in one unit?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Batman 02
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I'm currently doing Level 3 extended diploma in Sport yr 1. I was just wondering if I can still get triple distinction star as my overall grade after 2 years even if I get one merit in one unit e.g. in sports coaching
Thank you!!
vpn
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I doubt it. Speak to your teacher and ask if they have a grade calculator on hand.
gymkana3000
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi
I'm on the BTEC IT Level 3 Extended Diploma. In my course, yes you can still get D*D*D* with one merit, however it depends what unit you got it on. If you got it on a 120 point unit, you'll be right on the boundary and you can't afford to get another one. If it was on a 60 or 90 unit you got a merit, you will still be on D*D*D* but reasonably within the boundary. For our course, you need a total of 270 points for D*D*D*, so it may be different to yours. As vpn said, go check with your teacher
999tigger
Badges: 19
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Batman 02)
I'm currently doing Level 3 extended diploma in Sport yr 1. I was just wondering if I can still get triple distinction star as my overall grade after 2 years even if I get one merit in one unit e.g. in sports coaching
Thank you!!
The answer is yes based on a standard 18 units.. You can get a pass.
gymkana3000
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
The answer is yes based on a standard 18 units.. You can get a pass.
They've updated the BTEC's - there's only 13 units now, and they're a lot tighter on students getting the D*D*D* grade, so they're not as lenient as they were before on the number of passes and merits you can get
999tigger
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by gymkana3000)
They've updated the BTEC's - there's only 13 units now, and they're a lot tighter on students getting the D*D*D* grade, so they're not as lenient as they were before on the number of passes and merits you can get
OK will have a check in the Pearson site. Thanks for the update.
Is it still 180 credits?
Last edited by 999tigger; 2 years ago
999tigger
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Batman 02)
Thank you!!
The calculator is here as I dont know which units you did, then you will have to enter them yourself .
https://qualifications.pearson.com/c...8_2019_v3.xlsm
Ravenbutt
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yes, you can as far as I know.

I finished my Level 3 Extended Diploma in IT last year with 18 units and got a pass and a merit in two units, with distinction in the rest and achieved a D*D*D* overall.

Unless it has changed in the last year then you definitely can.
yt7777
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
150 credits at Distinction and 30 credits at Merit gets you triple D*

Similarly, 170 credits at Distinction and 10 credits at Pass will still be fine for triple D*

Check the credit value (likely to be 10) of the unit that you got a Merit in and use that to work out how many you need to keep St Distinction

Hope that helps
gymkana3000
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
The BTECs have changed. They now have 4 exams and a total of 13 units. You can no longer get 2 merits and a pass for triple D*, as they’ve made it a lot harder
(Original post by Ravenbutt)
Yes, you can as far as I know.

I finished my Level 3 Extended Diploma in IT last year with 18 units and got a pass and a merit in two units, with distinction in the rest and achieved a D*D*D* overall.

Unless it has changed in the last year then you definitely can.
Ravenbutt
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Ah, sorry, I should've been more clear.

I got one pass and one merit, with the rest distinctions.
(Original post by gymkana3000)
The BTECs have changed. They now have 4 exams and a total of 13 units. You can no longer get 2 merits and a pass for triple D*, as they’ve made it a lot harder
Weke
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Can I get my final grade D* in Btec hospitality level 3 diploma after getting a pass and 2 merits in 3 units
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your education been disrupted this academic year due to the pandemic?

Yes (157)
84.86%
No (28)
15.14%

Watched Threads