The Student Room Group

Does the TOTUM NUS Extra student card work after you graduate?

So I read somewhere that if you buy a TOTUM NUS Extra student card before you graduate it still makes you eligible for student discounts once you’ve graduated basically until the card runs out. (you can get them to last for up to 3 years.) Has anyone done this or know whether it’s true? I’m coming to the end of my third year so if this is something that legitimately works I want to make the most of it and am thinking of getting a 3 year one but I don’t want to waste my money on one if it doesn’t actually work.
Original post by EmmaRebecca1997
So I read somewhere that if you buy a TOTUM NUS Extra student card before you graduate it still makes you eligible for student discounts once you’ve graduated basically until the card runs out. (you can get them to last for up to 3 years.) Has anyone done this or know whether it’s true? I’m coming to the end of my third year so if this is something that legitimately works I want to make the most of it and am thinking of getting a 3 year one but I don’t want to waste my money on one if it doesn’t actually work.

I mean, I guess it would still work if you don't need to provide proof of enrolment. However, I've found that TOTUM/NUS is less and less recognised by retailers these days, with UniDAYs and/or your uni student card being more widely accepted. It might not be worth bothering with unless you know that you'll use it frequently in the few shops that still only accept TOTUM/NUS cards.
Original post by EmmaRebecca1997

My daughter got a NUS card just before she graduated and used it for 3 years after she graduated so it is possible to do this
Sometimes if you join a union when you’re working you may be eligible via the union route. Ask your union rep at work if this applies.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending