The Student Room Group

A Level Maths Checklist

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Notnek

Great work Notters !

Edexcel have dropped Hypothesis testing using the Normal Distribution.
Original post by the bear
Great work Notters !

Not according to the spec :unsure:
"Conduct a statistical
hypothesis test for the mean
of a Normal distribution with
known, given or assumed
variance and interpret the
results in context."

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
Great work Notters !

I'm pretty sure they haven't. It's in the spec, textbook and in the government's content document. Do you have information that I've missed?
Original post by Lemur14
Not according to the spec :unsure:
"Conduct a statistical
hypothesis test for the mean
of a Normal distribution with
known, given or assumed
variance and interpret the
results in context."

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Notnek

I'm pretty sure they haven't. It's in the spec, textbook and in the government's content document. Do you have information that I've missed?

https://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/A%20Level/Mathematics/2017/Teaching%20and%20learning%20materials/AS_and_A_level_Mathematics_2017_summary_of_changes.docx

page 4

:holmes:
Original post by Notnek
Weird, it seems like a mistake. I'll look into that one and get back to you.

:rolleyes:

thanks Notters
Reply 26
:rolleyes:

thanks Notters

I’m 99% sure it’s a mistake (or they mean something different to what we’re thinking) but I’ve emailed Pearson asking them to look into it and correct any misinformation.
Original post by Notnek
I’m 99% sure it’s a mistake (or they mean something different to what we’re thinking) but I’ve emailed Pearson asking them to look into it and correct any misinformation.

thanks for helping out with this. i found that document very useful to help with the change over to the new syllabus.

:beard:
It is in the spec it is even in the practice papers.
thanks for helping out with this. i found that document very useful to help with the change over to the new syllabus.

:beard:
@Notnek :adore:

If I could manipulate time, I would travel back do A-level maths just so I could use your revision checklist :adore:
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 30
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
@Notnek :adore:

If I could manipulate time, I would travel back do A-level maths just so I could use your revision checklist :adore:

Thanks :smile: It’s a brand new spec so you may as well give it another go :biggrin:
Original post by Notnek
Thanks :smile: It’s a brand new spec so you may as well give it another go :biggrin:

It was so beyond me - but I can do simulataneous equations now :biggrin:

I will forever be sad about not understanding maths.... I was learning about Fermat's last theorem the other week, what fun :woo:
Thank you so much to everyone who helped to make this! :adore:
@Notnek @Lemur14 @entertainmyfaith @Y12_FurtherMaths this is absolutely incredible :adore:
Original post by Notnek
Thanks to @Lemur14 and @entertainmyfaith who helped collate resources! Also thanks must go to @Y12_FurtherMaths who gave me the idea and it probably wouldn't have been made without him :smile:
An FM one would be really cool

but with all the available options it'd be way too much of a pain for 1 person to do it :P
Original post by TheTroll73

but with all the available options it'd be way too much of a pain for 1 person to do it :P

The core pure lot would be nice if we could do it. Problem is there's a lot more variety across exam boards so it wouldn't be as useful and Notnek must have put 10s of hours into this already and FM resources are harder to find so would probably take even longer :s-smilie: Perhaps in the future?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 36
Original post by TheTroll73

Thanks for volunteering :biggrin:
Original post by She-Ra
@Notnek @Lemur14 @entertainmyfaith @Y12_FurtherMaths this is absolutely incredible :adore:

prsom :smile: notnek and lemur did a lot more than me though!!
THIS IS AMAZING!!!! I FEEL SO READY TO TACKLE MY REVISION AND WORK HARDER WITH ALL THE RESOURCES IN ONE PLACE!
Many thanks !!!
:smile:
Reply 39
is this specifically for edexcel?

Quick Reply

Latest