How do you deal with a break up (LDR) Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Me and my boyfriend just broke up because...of the distance. It was too much for him, he said education is important..and he needs to concentrate on that.

I can't stop crying...non stop...it's like a waterfall of tears...he was my first boyfriend. I thought my last...

I hate myself so much right now.

I need support..please...
How do people deal with break ups?
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Netflix, junk food, and retail therapy.

I'm not going to lie to you and say it'll feel better tomorrow. It could take a couple of weeks. But it really does get better.
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Me and my boyfriend just broke up because...of the distance. It was too much for him, he said education is important..and he needs to concentrate on that.

I can't stop crying...non stop...it's like a waterfall of tears...he was my first boyfriend. I thought my last...

I hate myself so much right now.

I need support..please...
How do people deal with break ups?
I'm sorry you couldn't figure out a solution. Unfortunately long distance is really hard and not everyone can cope with it, and it isn't your fault.

Allow yourself to cry and let out your emotions. Don't hold anything in. It will get easier with time, but don't rush yourself. You're young (16 right?) so you have plenty of time to find someone else.

Block him on everything so you can try to move on. Do you have friends you can spend time with to distract you?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Anonymous #1
(Original post by DrawTheLine)
I'm sorry you couldn't figure out a solution. Unfortunately long distance is really hard and not everyone can cope with it, and it isn't your fault.

Allow yourself to cry and let out your emotions. Don't hold anything in. It will get easier with time, but don't rush yourself. You're young (16 right?) so you have plenty of time to find someone else.

Block him on everything so you can try to move on. Do you have friends you can spend time with to distract you?
17 hahahahah

Yeah i do. Might try and spend time with them.

Thanks
Anonymous #1
(Original post by sinfonietta)
Netflix, junk food, and retail therapy.

I'm not going to lie to you and say it'll feel better tomorrow. It could take a couple of weeks. But it really does get better.
thank you...hopefully it will
Cookie_Chick
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
awww honey *hugs* watch some nice movies about being a kickass girl, cry and don't feel bad for taking care of yourself!
Komaric
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Break ups are always tough and they never get any easier. You just need to find what helps you cope with it all

I need to take my mind off it and distract myself, I need to talk and spend time with my friends and just go out and do stuff. Other people need to be alone and think through things, everyone is different.
Adz2042
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Sorry to hear it didn't work out.
Don't blame yourself for it.
What I do after break-ups is go swimming, hit the gym, focus on myself, meet friends, do activities - to get my mind off the situation.
If you always used an app to chat (eg: KIK), delete it for a few weeks.
Sending hugs for you.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Cookie_Chick)
awww honey *hugs* watch some nice movies about being a kickass girl, cry and don't feel bad for taking care of yourself!
Thank you! so much! x
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Adz2042)
Sorry to hear it didn't work out.
Don't blame yourself for it.
What I do after break-ups is go swimming, hit the gym, focus on myself, meet friends, do activities - to get my mind off the situation.
If you always used an app to chat (eg: KIK), delete it for a few weeks.
Sending hugs for you.
Thanks, i'll try this.

I need a hug..omg...thanks
Anonymous #1
I had an idea on how to deal with it...

Write a letter, everyday. Like i'm sending it to him...but not actually. To spill my heart out. Over a letter

Good idea? Or does this sound stupid hahhaha
Adz2042
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thanks, i'll try this.

I need a hug..omg...thanks
one month later, how are you coping, and did the suggestions work?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm copying a lot better now I'm distracting myself as the suggestions stated x
I'm feeling a lot happier than I did. Stil have mental breakdowns but i'm getting there
one month later, how are you coping, and did the suggestions work?
Adz2042
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
glad to hear it.
remember, focus on yourself and make your life the best it can be. put your needs before others.
you rock! keep being awesome!
I'm copying a lot better now I'm distracting myself as the suggestions stated x
I'm feeling a lot happier than I did. Stil have mental breakdowns but i'm getting there
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I'm finding it hard to focus on myself tbh hahahahhaha
Thank you!!!
You're awesome too! x
glad to hear it.
remember, focus on yourself and make your life the best it can be. put your needs before others.
you rock! keep being awesome!
Adz2042
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I don't like to brag, but I know
Just try to enjoy each day to the full, as the old saying goes, life is too short to sit around and do nothing.
Get up, go outdoors, and do something fun that you want to do.
Start with your hobbies / top 3 things you enjoy.
Write them in bubble-thoughts on paper, and draw lines from them of activities you could do.
EG: I enjoy listening to music, theme parks and raves.
So music = what genres, what events are coming up that i want to attend, which friends are going, how will i get there?
Theme parks = which ones are my fav? what days am i free in the week? which friends can i go with?
raves = (same as point 1)
I'm finding it hard to focus on myself tbh hahahahhaha
Thank you!!!
You're awesome too! x
Anonymous #1
I love this! this is a really good idea i'll try this! and thanks for the tips again x
Just try to enjoy each day to the full, as the old saying goes, life is too short to sit around and do nothing.
Write them in bubble-thoughts on paper, and draw lines from them of activities you could do.
So music = what genres, what events are coming up that i want to attend, which friends are going, how will i get there?
Theme parks = which ones are my fav? what days am i free in the week? which friends can i go with?
Anonymous #1
Actually, I never thought of the mindmap thing! I love that idea it's like a bucket list
Adz2042
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hope it helps. If you run out of space, there are plenty of applications online for creating bubble-diagrams in MS Word / Google Docs so you can continue to expand your ideas.
One thing I've recently done is decided on going to Thailand.
Why? Always wanted to go but never thought 'yeah, I'll do this this year'.
So now I'm doing my own mind map and thinking flights, accommodation, transport, activities.
And within that, I'm thinking where do I want to stop-over (via dubai), which hotel / hostel is best, which transport provider in Thailand has the highest rating on TripAdvisor and why, and what are the top 10 things to do. Costs as well!
Because I over-think, I'm also asking friends who are either there (found out one is on Instagram) or planning on going (got a work colleague who's going in November) what their plans are and their travel itineraries.
Actually, I never thought of the mindmap thing! I love that idea it's like a bucket list
Anonymous #1
Wow, you're living your life to the fullest, love it! x
Inspirational really
Hope it helps. If you run out of space, there are plenty of applications online for creating bubble-diagrams in MS Word / Google Docs so you can continue to expand your ideas.
One thing I've recently done is decided on going to Thailand.
Why? Always wanted to go but never thought 'yeah, I'll do this this year'.
So now I'm doing my own mind map and thinking flights, accommodation, transport, activities.
And within that, I'm thinking where do I want to stop-over (via dubai), which hotel / hostel is best, which transport provider in Thailand has the highest rating on TripAdvisor and why, and what are the top 10 things to do. Costs as well!
Because I over-think, I'm also asking friends who are either there (found out one is on Instagram) or planning on going (got a work colleague who's going in November) what their plans are and their travel itineraries.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Chemistry Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (274)
31.53%
The paper was reasonable (423)
48.68%
Not feeling great about that exam... (105)
12.08%
It was TERRIBLE (67)
7.71%

Watched Threads