The Student Room Group

Revising Edexcel German Listening and Reading

Poll

What is the best way to revise German listening and reading

I have my german listening and reading tomorrow and i want to get some tips off people on how to revise for german. Should i just learn lots of vocab and not how to write sentences properly because that is on the writing?

Please give me your professional judgements:smile:

Scroll to see replies

I have my listening tomorrow (AQA) and I plan on doing 2 past papers and looking at all the vocab for each section in my textbook.

For reading, it'd probably help if you know about tenses etc, because this may affect your answer.

Good luck!
Reply 2
steffi.alexa
I have my listening tomorrow (AQA) and I plan on doing 2 past papers and looking at all the vocab for each section in my textbook.

For reading, it'd probably help if you know about tenses etc, because this may affect your answer.

Good luck!

Good luck for you aswell
Reply 3
anyone got more tips.....
Reply 4
I'm not sure if Edexcel offer this, but when I did my French/German GCSEs, there was a list of all of the vocabulary you should know on the OCR website here. It was a good way of gauging how much you knew, and filling in any gaps in topic areas. :smile:
Reply 5
suuuuuuseh
I'm not sure if Edexcel offer this, but when I did my French/German GCSEs, there was a list of all of the vocabulary you should know on the OCR website here. It was a good way of gauging how much you knew, and filling in any gaps in topic areas. :smile:

Cool thanks alot:smile:
Reply 6
I'm doing OCR German Reading tomorrow - just go through past papers and look up words you don't know. Also, you could try and just read some authentic german (eg. from a newspaper) on the internet and try and work out what the article is trying to say - as if your'e doing higher tier, you won't actually know ALL of the words that will be in the exam.
Reply 7
yeah like usually i do the papers i need to like guess all the answers sometimes. nearly impossible to learn all the words needed
What exam board are you doing? Because most boards have student guides/really long lists of vocab you need to know. I've just printed off AQA's.. it's 57 pages! (Printed 4 pages per A4) But, I probably know a lot of it already. Anyway, if you have a printer nearby, you could print off your exam board's vocab list
Reply 9
i have some past paper listening audio files, if anyone wants them i dont mind emailing them...they are AQA but i think tbh it's all much of a muchness!
Hollijones
i have some past paper listening audio files, if anyone wants them i dont mind emailing them...they are AQA but i think tbh it's all much of a muchness!

I would really appreciate it if you could send them to me! :biggrin:
Reply 11
okay, the easiest way is probably via email, message me your email address and i'll email you a few
Reply 12
the edexcels vocab is a couple pages... and the thing is its got no translations so its basically all jibberish unless i want to check the dictionary... which would take absolutely hours
carboncarbon
the edexcels vocab is a couple pages... and the thing is its got no translations so its basically all jibberish unless i want to check the dictionary... which would take absolutely hours

Maybe you could use another board's? Or, does your textbook have end of topic vocab lists?
Reply 14
Do no revision and focus on more important subjects, i'll make up the answeres in the exam.
Reply 15
oh my gosh its so hard to remember so many words
Reply 16
cheat. seriously.
Best of luck Listeners for tomorrow.

For AQA: I'm not sure what the paper is going to be like. Last year's must've been fairly easy, as the grade boundaries were high. 2006 had low boundaries, so must've been hard, and 2005 must've been absolutely awful.

I'm not really sure what sort of paper I want. Probably hard, because I'm quite good at giving sensible guesses.
Reply 18
AnythingButChardonnay
Best of luck Listeners for tomorrow.

For AQA: I'm not sure what the paper is going to be like. Last year's must've been fairly easy, as the grade boundaries were high. 2006 had low boundaries, so must've been hard, and 2005 must've been absolutely awful.

I'm not really sure what sort of paper I want. Probably hard, because I'm quite good at giving sensible guesses.

I hope its ridicuolously hard so i wont understand it and hope for the best:smile:
Reply 19
i sigh and cry but will my german listening fly high or will i die as a guy or fry my dry and sly spine

Latest