chelsea_2000x
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I study two BTEC courses (law and criminology), the EPQ and an A Level (history) and one of the universities I wanted emailed me and wrote -
'Please be aware that we cannot accept tariff points from the BTEC certificate. If you are studying the BTEC Diploma, BTEC Introductory Diploma, or the BTEC National Extended Certificate for example please arrange for your referee to contact us.'
I checked their website to see the grades regarding BTEC, which I had done before applying, and it says this -
'112-120 UCAS Tariff Points from BTEC National Extended Diploma at Level 3 (Grades DMM) in Applied Law or Law and Business. UCAS Tariff Points must be achieved from a minimum and maximum of 3 A Levels only (or equivalent e.g. BTEC Diploma and BTEC Subsidiary Diploma/BTEC Extended Certificate)'
The law course I do is 'Btec L3 Sub Diploma Law (Second year)'.
Is anyone able to explain what this means to me and who my referee is?

Thank you.
Last edited by chelsea_2000x; 1 year ago
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Have you applied already?

You should know who wrote your ucas reference if so.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (641)
33.49%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (809)
42.27%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (378)
19.75%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (86)
4.49%

Watched Threads