The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Solubility Rules ? You mean if it's a gas, an increase in pressure increases solubility and so on ? That's in the textbook, isn't it ?
I'm kind of prepared, although I need to go over my notes briefly. Chemistry is my favourite science though, so I enjoy revising for it. As practice papers we just got given the Jan 08 exam, and I think there's a specimen on the AQA website. Doyds, I think we do need to learn the solubility rules.
cyborg
Solubility Rules ? You mean if it's a gas, an increase in pressure increases solubility and so on ? That's in the textbook, isn't it ?

Yeah that is correct and is also in the textbook providing you have the right textbook:rolleyes:
i presume you mean when you mix two solutions, when is a precipitation formed. i.e. which compounds are insoluble.

i am unsure on this too but i think we only need to know them where they are relevant to the chemical ions tests (chemical analysis). i am not certain though so if anyone else knows that would be useful.
i dont think you need to know that you need to interpret solubility curves though

The exam wont be too hard i don''t think, what did you all get in unit 1 and 2
96% and 95%
Reply 7
Unit 1: 100
Unit 2: 100
ISA: 97

...so I need 63 UMS in this, right ?
Yeap, cyborg that's right!
Ow what would mine be in UMS? 96% unit 1 95% unit 2 36/40 ISA? and you need 360/400 UMS for an A*
does anyone know about solubility rules as doyds has said?? do we need to know or not?
No you dont that is just an example. You need to comment on what solubility curves show and how the solubility changes with temperature. The solubility of most solids solutes increases with temperature and finally the solubility of gases decrease with increasing temperatures
Reply 12
Arielle
Is everyone prepared?
I can't find any practice papers though...anyone?

http://www.aqa.org.uk/qual/pdf/AQA-4421-W-SM-07.PDF

Chemistry 3 Higher and Foundation Practice Papers
No we dont!
we are on the same wavelength and that is a daunting list of rote learning considering there are all the ion tests precipitations/flame tests, etc. to learn too
Aaron_1507
No we dont!

are you sure? i hope you are right ....
blergh
i fell asleep today trying to revise for this
hughey
are you sure? i hope you are right ....

I am, i have the aqa cd and the books and under B3 that isnt included i think he was just writing it to 'show off' but we dont need to know it.
Jim464
http://www.aqa.org.uk/qual/pdf/AQA-4421-W-SM-07.PDF

Chemistry 3 Higher and Foundation Practice Papers

Can you give me the link for the page before this, i can't find it thanks :smile:
what book do you have? could you send me the past CPG papers?
x x x