The Student Room Group

Worried about A level combinations

I'm a soon to be GCSE leaver and I'm taking my exam finals in a few months, but I'm stuck on which A levels to take and I was hoping to get some advice from people who have possibly been in my position or taken similar subjects.

My best subject is ICT, and I've done really well in it and am passionate about it. Therefore, I really want to do something related to ICT, though I'm not sure what exactly.

I've been thinking of Computer Science, Business and Maths. (Maths is mandatory but its also my second best subject so I'm fine with it) However I'm also really interested in Psychology and I'm debating whether to take it as a 4th subject and see if I can handle all 4 at once.

It would seem like I know what to take, but I'm paranoid and worried about how well these 4 combine together and whether its worth taking Psychology at all. I've also heard 4 A levels is exceedingly difficult and stressful.

Should I leave Psychology or keep it for a year or so and see if I can handle it? And would it combine well with the 3 other subjects at all?
psychology is amazing but tonnes of content, as maths is not much content not much application you might be able to squeeze it in but it’s hard work, i can’t comment on business and IT as i didn’t take them but stats modules from maths come in super handy for psychology stats topic. take whatever u will enjoy the most because there’s nothing worse than hating your a level subjects it’s two years of hell. maybe see if the school will let you try taking four until christmas, but bare in mind that’s the easiest term and the workload steps up in year 13
I take Maths and Psychology (as well as History) and honestly Maths is a lot easier than Psychology! There is a lot of content to Psychology and if you’re not passionate about it I probably wouldn’t recommend taking it as a 4th A-Level. It’s a hell of a lot to remember and get to grips with, and the essays come thick and fast!

Hope this helps!

Quick Reply

Latest