The Student Room Group

I’ve been burgled this morning (early hours)

I’ve been burgled early hours of the morning, most of my items which worth 3k including my Mac book pro, iPad Pro, PS4, designer sun glasses and smart tv etc has. Well, we live in area that is bit rough but nothing has ever happened to us since we moved in over 20 years ago it’s just so shocking, usually if someone is walking down stairs we can notice but it’s like they took our stuff without making a sound. The forensic person came to investigate my house 4 hours after the innocent, finger print swabs were taken from door handle, wheelie bins and my PS4 games which were found in my back garden ( I presume the thief’s left them their due to many items in their bags or they had make a run). What is next process into the investigation? According to the police they are re offenders and live locally. What’s the chances of them being caught?
Reply 1
Two things to note.

1. You've not been burgled for over 20 years. Which is fair good for a 'bit rough' area.
2. The police actually visited: in many areas they'd just give you a crime number.
3. No one was hurt.
4. I still can't do lists properly.

Quite possibly poor chances and even if caught they'd quite likely get a punishment you will think is not suitable.
Original post by Anonymous
I’ve been burgled early hours of the morning, most of my items which worth 3k including my Mac book pro, iPad Pro, PS4, designer sun glasses and smart tv etc has. Well, we live in area that is bit rough but nothing has ever happened to us since we moved in over 20 years ago it’s just so shocking, usually if someone is walking down stairs we can notice but it’s like they took our stuff without making a sound. The forensic person came to investigate my house 4 hours after the innocent, finger print swabs were taken from door handle, wheelie bins and my PS4 games which were found in my back garden ( I presume the thief’s left them their due to many items in their bags or they had make a run). What is next process into the investigation? According to the police they are re offenders and live locally. What’s the chances of them being caught?

It seems like the police are aware of them already, so the likelihood is that they will be caught. What their punishment will be, and whether all of your belongings will be retrieved, are another matter.
I LOL'D!
Be more careful in the future.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending