What is the cheapest way to get a burner sim?

Watch
AlexJones93
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I tried going to the EE store and the three store and they both require a minimum top up of £10. I just need a way to activate whatsapp with this sim. Is there a way I can get one free or really cheap?
IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by AlexJones93)
I tried going to the EE store and the three store and they both require a minimum top up of £10. I just need a way to activate whatsapp with this sim. Is there a way I can get one free or really cheap?
Loads of supermarkets and shops sell SIM cards.
AlexJones93
Rep:
?
(Original post by IWMTom)
Loads of supermarkets and shops sell SIM cards.
Can you give me some examples of supermarkets/shops that sell sims under £5 which don't require ID activation?

A poundland sim i bought required me to verify my id.
jay111a
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
try asda mate, can get a sim for 50 pence, dont think you need to top it up either but I'm not gona bet my life
username2393237
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Are you trying to sound as dodgy as possible?
AlexJones93
Rep:
?
It won't give me a number to verify whatsapp unless I top up £10.
(Original post by jay111a)
try asda mate, can get a sim for 50 pence, dont think you need to top it up either but I'm not gona bet my life
Thais Ribeiro
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Try a lebara sim? I’ve had one and it gave me a number automatically without needing to top up. You can usually find them in Poundland or Tesco’s
jameswhughes
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It won't give me a number to verify whatsapp unless I top up £10.
Most networks will post you a pay as you go sim for free if you fill out a form on their website.
Tootles
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If you want a true burner (untraceable to you), you'll need to pay in cash, in which case minimum credit is £10. However, if you mean you just want the cheapest SIM possible for activating your WhatsApp, you can order online and get a £5 topup from the site. I have a backup SIM on 3 that I got this way. Had it nearly a year, used it for about three calls and never had to top it up. When it does run out of credit, I'll throw the SIM away and get another on a different network.
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by jameswhughes)
Most networks will post you a pay as you go sim for free if you fill out a form on their website.
Defeats the object of anonymity
jameswhughes
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by IWMTom)
Defeats the object of anonymity
It's just for the postage, stick a different name on it if you're paranoid.

It's not compulsory to register sims in this country so I highly doubt the networks record this, when you could just pick one up in a corner shop without giving any details anyway.
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by jameswhughes)
It's just for the postage, stick a different name on it if you're paranoid.

It's not compulsory to register sims in this country so I highly doubt the networks record this, when you could just pick one up in a corner shop without giving any details anyway.
Of course they record the details.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (57)
17.27%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (93)
28.18%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (125)
37.88%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (44)
13.33%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (11)
3.33%

Watched Threads